It's a big concern to me that they can't give customers what we want.

#1R_O_B_SentryPosted 2/24/2013 6:10:56 PM
Mother series are first party Ninty games and so is DK64. No really, this isn't the way to treat customers.

Where's our next Paper Mario for platforms?

I had to emulate and play some mother games because I'm in the UK. I have to buy an N64 to specially play DK64 with an odd controller.

And with regards to third party support:

Where are the missing 2D final fantasies, PSN gets the translated versions of FFV?
Why on earth can't we have some kingdom hearts on a console if they can come to 3DS?

I didn't find it funny when SEGA could not release the second episode of Sonic 4 on the Wii shop and I am still waiting for classic Mortal Kombat- Zombi U made it to the Wii U, other gore themed games made it to the wii >_>

Please guys, be real. For the starters they CAN give us Earthbound. Japan's getting it as a re-release (see below).

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/23/3907188/earthbound-mother-2-wii-u-virtual-console-japan-release-date
---
Hi ! I'm Omochao. @_@ ) I'm here to help you.
Ah... My, my... <3 I foresaw your arrival, Mario. -- Merluvlee, Paper Mario
#2FlyinTonitePosted 2/24/2013 6:12:06 PM
A lot of me means we on these boards lately.
---
Apathetic since I don't care when.
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#3R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 6:15:37 PM
^If I am saying 'we' then I am using that word for a reason. It's not only a personal desire to want those games- for instance, there is outrage that we have not received Earthbound yet.
---
#4AwayFromHerePosted 2/24/2013 6:16:20 PM
Because copyright laws and licensing is a b****.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#5Baha05Posted 2/24/2013 6:18:14 PM
Business, somethings might not sell, other things might be hard to get. With this industry there is also a lot of legal baggage and other things that screw with development.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#6DanteSInferno84Posted 2/24/2013 6:19:53 PM
Copyright really isn't the hold up with the Mother series.

For some reason, the Mother series is viewed as "Too Japanese" to do well outside of Japan, and after the horrid handling of Earthbound (next to no ads, the strange clunky and priced packaging, and the few ads they did make saying "This game stinks") Nintendo felt they were right about the entire series, despite the vocal fanbase.
#7MetroidJunkiePosted 2/24/2013 6:20:54 PM
People seem to forget that Nintendo is a business and goes after strategies that will make them money. If you want Nintendo to release Earthbound to the United States, you have to convince them there's a profit to be gained by doing so. Just having a small group of players that want something won't cut it. If they can't atleast break even with the time and effort (Preferably, profiting), then it isn't worth it to them.
#8Tsutarja495Posted 2/24/2013 6:21:40 PM
What missing 2D Final Fantasies? 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6 were on GBA, and 3 was on DS. Everything after that was 3D.
#9R_O_B_Sentry(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 6:22:46 PM
@AwayFromHere. It's not laws and copyright. If they gave us Paper Mario on 3DS, Wii deserves a Paper Mario, if a translation of a game is all it takes to make it localised, then they should stop being lazy, translate and release Mother, Earthbound, FFV and all the other games we are missing.

They need to start thinking about people who don't want a 3DS as well. I mean, hello Nintendo!? Kingdom Hearts for Wii U? Where? :(
---
#10Tsutarja495Posted 2/24/2013 6:25:04 PM
FFV already exists on a Nintendo system.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/930369-final-fantasy-v-advance/faqs