3 years ago#11
I'm with him.

Wind Waker gets thumbs up for the following:
-some music
-some visual and sound effects
-animation
-some humor
-some stand out scenarios of game-play and cut-scenes

but the overall experience was a drag for me too!

I WILL SKIP TWWHD if it is merely an enhancement and not an execution of a re-imagined experience.
3 years ago#12
Gdboyratedloud posted...
神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya
After finishing WW, Zelda isn't my favorite series any more. RT @thalesnm: what do you think about Wind Waker/Twilight Princess?

So i tweeted him and he replied:

神谷英樹 Hideki Kamiya ‏@PG_kamiya
Map->ocean(reading comics)->treasure box->map out of it->ocean again...HORRIBLE. RT @GDboyRATEDloud: OMG was Wind Waker that bad to you?

WTF? I dnt remember WInd Waker being that annoying. One game ruined the series for him. Thoughts?

Sounds like he really didn't like the Triforce quest, and I agree that it was stupid.
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
3 years ago#13
Wind Waker wasn't a bad game. But the sailing really dragged far too longer than it should since too much 'nothing' happens for most of the time we cross the sea.

AwayFromHere posted...
I remember when Wind Waker first came out, and a few years afterwards, everyone hated it. I kind of miss those days.

No offense, but this is a very stupid post all things considered.
3 years ago#14
DanteSInferno84 posted...
Wind Waker was kind of a "Eh" Zelda title. You had people who discounted it at face value because of the art style (Which I didnt mind)

Then you have a group like me, who felt the game was just too short (or lacking I guess) for a Zelda game. I mean... the variety in Dungeons was SEVERELY lacking.

Didnt they remove some dungeons?
PSN: JamesDeanONdaLOW
There's no Monado on PS4; they can't be saved.
3 years ago#15
well,i have no love for Revengeance.
...okay i lied...the second half was kind boring, but the first half was too awesome

although he had nothing to do with the game
3 years ago#16
I don't know who this is, nor do I know why some random Japanese guy who apparently works in the industry possess an opinion I should care about. Wind Waker is a decade old, of it took him this long to play it and form an opinion on it, then he was never a fan in the first place.
In fearful day, in raging night, with strong hearts full, our souls ignite! When all seems lost in the War of Light, look to the stars, for hope burns bright!
3 years ago#17
Who is this guy?
3 years ago#18
Lemmywinks13 posted...
Who is this guy?

"Hideki Kamiya is a video game designer formerly employed by Capcom and Clover Studio. He is currently working with former Clover Studio members at Platinum Games."
3 years ago#19
It still amuses me that Twilight Princess is Shigeru Miyamoto's least favourite Zelda game.
Thank you for taking the time to read this sig.
This sig loves you.
3 years ago#20
MetroidJunkie posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
I remember when Wind Waker first came out, and a few years afterwards, everyone hated it. I kind of miss those days.

How about when Twilight Princess came out and, suddenly, Wind Waker is game of the year?

Yeah I noticed that too. After Twilight Princess came out Wind Waker suddenly went from being an average Zelda game to one of the best in the series..
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hideki Kamiya has NO LOVE for Wind Waker

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived