Hideki Kamiya has NO LOVE for Wind Waker

#21DTY3Posted 2/24/2013 7:53:36 PM
McmadnessV3 posted...
It still amuses me that Twilight Princess is Shigeru Miyamoto's least favourite Zelda game.

Hey! Miyamoto finally making some sense.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#22DeathSnipe777Posted 2/24/2013 8:01:05 PM
WW is my favorite Zelda.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#23SlimeSwayzePosted 2/24/2013 8:02:03 PM
DTY3 posted...
McmadnessV3 posted...
It still amuses me that Twilight Princess is Shigeru Miyamoto's least favourite Zelda game.

Hey! Miyamoto finally making some sense.

It would be my least favorite, too, if not for Skyward Sword. That was the only Zelda I couldn't even bring my self to finish.

I hated the sailing in Wind Waker the first time I played it, but I loved it the second time through. I haven't played it in years, so I'm interested to see what I think of it when I get WWHD. I'm definitely looking forward to it. Now, if only they'd remake Majora's Mask...
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#24DTY3Posted 2/24/2013 8:03:51 PM
I cant bring myself to finish the Water Temple in TP. The game is so boring. I need to give it back to my ex. I traded it for Sonic Colors.

...really wish I had Sonic Colors back >_>
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#25abear90Posted 2/24/2013 8:04:19 PM
Maybe I just have a general fondness for sailing and the ocean, but I have never been bothered by "long" sailing times in WW, and I've played through the game at least six times.

Sailing really brings WW to a level of immersion you rarely experience in gaming. I could understand the complaining if the whole thing was done poorly, but wow, even today (I can't believe this game is over ten years old), the ocean is beautiful, with incredible draw distance, mesmerizing water, weather effects, day night cycle, and so, so many optional islands and hiding places to explore on your way. Finding the fish for each square and filling out the ocean map, in my opinion, is incredibly fun.

I see this is not a popular opinion, but really, when you have at your hands a game that is so near perfect that the best complaint people can come up with is that moving through the (incredibly detailed, large, and beautiful) world takes a long time...well, it just sounds like complaining for the sake of complaining to me.

You can't have it both ways people. It's likely those very complaints about the "too large" and "too open" world in WW led to the corridor-shooter-superguide-always-on feel of Skyward Sword.
#26LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/24/2013 8:06:00 PM
DeathSnipe777 posted...
WW is my favorite Zelda.

this.

Even with the Triforce quest, which Hideki Kamiya seems to hate (as do I), it's still a phenomenal game and the greatest 1st party Nintendo title of all time.

Wind Waker features the greatest soundtrack Koji Kondo has ever composed, an incredible art style, a great atmosphere with a deep story, and a phenomenal villain. Its only diminishing factor is the lack of dungeon variety.
#27LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/24/2013 8:07:08 PM
abear90 posted...
Sailing really brings WW to a level of immersion you rarely experience in gaming. I could understand the complaining if the whole thing was done poorly, but wow, even today (I can't believe this game is over ten years old), the ocean is beautiful, with incredible draw distance, mesmerizing water, weather effects, day night cycle, and so, so many optional islands and hiding places to explore on your way. Finding the fish for each square and filling out the ocean map, in my opinion, is incredibly fun.

Agreed. Idk if hating on WW is the cool thing to do nowadays, but it still stands as one of the greatest games of all time.
#28MctiasPosted 2/24/2013 8:12:57 PM
LLL_Deadly posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
WW is my favorite Zelda.

this.

Even with the Triforce quest, which Hideki Kamiya seems to hate (as do I), it's still a phenomenal game and the greatest 1st party Nintendo title of all time.

Wind Waker features the greatest soundtrack Koji Kondo has ever composed, an incredible art style, a great atmosphere with a deep story, and a phenomenal villain. Its only diminishing factor is the lack of dungeon variety.

I think you are going a bit over board with "The best Nintendo 1st party game". I like WW too, but it gets tedious, specially when you are looking for stuff on the ocean like submarines and those watch towers.
#29Phasmatis92Posted 2/24/2013 8:14:19 PM
I share his sentiments, Wind Wakee was a horrid game. Thankfully, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword redeemed the series.
---
I'm a promiscuous gamer; Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, and none of them know I'm cheating on them.
#30LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/24/2013 8:15:20 PM
Mctias posted...
LLL_Deadly posted...
DeathSnipe777 posted...
WW is my favorite Zelda.

this.

I think you are going a bit over board with "The best Nintendo 1st party game". I like WW too, but it gets tedious, specially when you are looking for stuff on the ocean like submarines and those watch towers.

The ocean did get tedious towards the end of the game, but even so, so many things in the game are done so exceptionally that I genuinely consider it the greatest 1st party Nintendo game of all time.