Hideki Kamiya has NO LOVE for Wind Waker

#31LLL_DeadlyPosted 2/24/2013 7:15:52 PM
Phasmatis92 posted...
I share his sentiments, Wind Wakee was a horrid game. Thankfully, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword redeemed the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M
#32DarkAdonis123Posted 2/25/2013 4:21:28 AM
Finishing Wind Waker was a chore. Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were average games. Zelda is past it's golden age. It's pretty much riding on it's name at this point. It hurts me to admit that because I've been a long time fan of the series.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#3340DribylfPosted 2/25/2013 4:38:28 AM(edited)
DarkAdonis123 posted...
MetroidJunkie posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
I remember when Wind Waker first came out, and a few years afterwards, everyone hated it. I kind of miss those days.

How about when Twilight Princess came out and, suddenly, Wind Waker is game of the year?

Yeah I noticed that too. After Twilight Princess came out Wind Waker suddenly went from being an average Zelda game to one of the best in the series..

People are literally bashing The Wind Walker in this topic.

The people that hate or dislike the game didn't go away. It's ignorant to conclude the same exact people that dislike the game suddenly love it when there are people saying they dislike the game in the same topic

The Wind Waker has always been well-loved and critically praised, and it had its detractors. Same with Twilight Princess, and you're seeing it now with Skyward Sword.

People that enjoy the game continue talking about it. People that didn't don't unless prompted. It's that simple.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#3440DribylfPosted 2/25/2013 4:59:23 AM
PsyrenCall posted...
I don't know who this is, nor do I know why some random Japanese guy who apparently works in the industry possess an opinion I should care about. Wind Waker is a decade old, of it took him this long to play it and form an opinion on it, then he was never a fan in the first place.

1) Dude was in charge of some amazing titles in the past 10 years, do your research. He's in Platinum Games.

2) He didn't just play the game. He was responding to a fan's question. Someone asked him how he felt about TWW and TP, and replies saying after playing TWW, Zelda wasn't his favorite series anymore.
---
I am hip
#35JdciPosted 2/25/2013 5:27:04 AM
I played WW at release and I also really disliked it, I couldn't get into it. And it didn't click, like previous ones.

Im still hoping for a Link to the Past remake, just make it so the graphics look good on a HDTV, and release the thing, don't mess with it.
I loved that game, it had so much heart, and just clicked in a big way. Even more than Ocarina of time for me.

Link's Awakening was also really good, wouldn't mind a release for that one also.

I'll probably give the remade WW a chance, I mean it's still Zelda.
---
"Anyway, my favourite ball is my right one, as my left is still tender from my infamous waterslide incident :P" --Slartibartfast42
#3640DribylfPosted 2/25/2013 5:30:04 AM
ALTTP is perfect as is, they should leave it alone IMO.

TWW has a lot of flaws need of fixing.
---
I am hip
#37Metal_MercenaryPosted 2/25/2013 6:03:30 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
AwayFromHere posted...
I remember when Wind Waker first came out, and a few years afterwards, everyone hated it. I kind of miss those days.

How about when Twilight Princess came out and, suddenly, Wind Waker is game of the year?

I remember when Twilight Princess came out and never heard a single person say that. If they did, it was probably from people who hadn't played Wind Waker for years and suddenly forgot about the major flaws in the game. Wind Waker was good, but not great. It had tedious sailing sections, few dungeons, lack of difficulty and the awful Triforce hunt.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#38sonicsonicPosted 2/25/2013 6:10:11 AM
I wouldn't say it was an awful game, but it had it's flaws. Especially compared to every other Zelda.

Sailing the seas was boring and searching for those Triforce shards a pain. Those are my only big complaints, but the fact that you sailed a lot and searching for the Triforce shards was combined with sailing and so close to the end... Didn't leave me with a good end impression.
#39Bronze_StuffPosted 2/25/2013 6:13:39 AM
So? I didn't particularly like it either.
---
Jimbo.
#40The_Shadow_LinkPosted 2/25/2013 6:19:13 AM
I WANT to like Wind Waker, but the Triforce Hunt kills my motivation for it. Everytime.

Hopefully someone finds a skip for it some day in the future.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~