What's the worse metroid game?

#100bularn00bularPosted 2/24/2013 5:48:43 PM
I'm playing through Metroid Prime right now and it's kind of fun. I might play more games from this series so is there anything I should avoid?
---
Sonic's Earth IS Earth. This has been proven through science~Nacho_Burger
#2DTY3Posted 2/24/2013 5:49:35 PM
Easily Other M.
Try out the games in my sig.

inb4 Other M defenders clumsily attempt to defend it.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#3GloryChaosPosted 2/24/2013 5:50:08 PM
The worst metroid game is probably Metroid 2: Return of Samus. But the metroid games don't all play similarly to the Prime series.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#4tkdpanda1Posted 2/24/2013 5:51:32 PM
Most people will say avoid other M, but in all honesty it's not bad. It's just VERY different from the rest of the series. so if you're planning on playing it, just be aware of that
---
because a wizard made it so
#5DTY3Posted 2/24/2013 5:51:40 PM
GloryChaos posted...
The worst metroid game is probably Metroid 2: Return of Samus. But the metroid games don't all play similarly to the Prime series.

Forgot about that one. I kinda like it. Near the bottom of the list in the series for sure though.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
#6KCGeminiPosted 2/24/2013 5:52:13 PM
Other M

*shudders*
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#7GloryChaosPosted 2/24/2013 5:54:55 PM
It doesn't help that Metroid II has aged the worst of any game in the series either. I have fun with it at times. Then I'm back to randomly bombing gray wall #300 and wondering when they hell am I gonna find the next secret passage that will take me to the next metroid or power up.

It could probably do with an upgrade a la Zero mission. But I'm not gonna make a fuss about that since I want new metroid games.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#8Baha05Posted 2/24/2013 5:55:43 PM
I think it boils down to Other M and Metroid 2.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9DTY3Posted 2/24/2013 5:58:14 PM
GloryChaos posted...
It doesn't help that Metroid II has aged the worst of any game in the series either. I have fun with it at times. Then I'm back to randomly bombing gray wall #300 and wondering when they hell am I gonna find the next secret passage that will take me to the next metroid or power up.

It could probably do with an upgrade a la Zero mission. But I'm not gonna make a fuss about that since I want new metroid games.

There's this fan made remake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wkr8samEBQ

And yeah it aged poorly but IMO the original aged worse.
---
#10melbye80Posted 2/24/2013 6:01:00 PM
The only bad Metroid-game is Hunters on DS, just stay away