Would you agree/disagree with this statement

#1VanderZooPosted 2/24/2013 6:27:30 PM
Nintendo makes more innovative hardware, Sony makes more innovative games.
#2DDP886Posted 2/24/2013 6:28:45 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Nintendo makes more innovative hardware, Sony makes more innovative games.

lmao there is nothing innovative about the hardware in the wii u....
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs
#3GloryChaosPosted 2/24/2013 6:31:05 PM
I'd agree with it. The SCE studios have a track record of making games that use ideas in an interesting way and make the best of their own hardware.

Though you can pretty much say the same about Nintendo EAD. As long as we aren't talking about the New Super Mario Bros. games.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#4Baha05Posted 2/24/2013 6:32:04 PM
Both, really, they both do one or the other.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5kingbadjoPosted 2/24/2013 6:32:08 PM
What is innovative about Ps3 games? I think the Wii u has innovative games (well the potential) because developers are FORCED to use the screen controller. Some may not make use of it but the ones that do will be the ones who make the innovative games. and since nintendo builds there system with their games in mind you can bet that their future games will make full use of the screen-controller making the games innovative.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#6force_user1975Posted 2/24/2013 6:33:34 PM
Sony used to innovate, they haven't done that since the PS2 days though. Same goes for the games, I've always enjoyed the Nintendo first party games as opposed to the Sony first party games.

If you look at the PS1/PS2 Sony games, those reached a lot of people, since the PS3 released they haven't done as good a job at making games for everyone. Nintendo has never wavered from making games for everyone.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag "MOH Crapgamer" PSN "Crapgamer" Wii U "Crapgamer" Teammoh.com
#7HungoverHero777Posted 2/24/2013 6:39:20 PM
force_user1975 posted...

If you look at the PS1/PS2 Sony games, those reached a lot of people, since the PS3 released they haven't done as good a job at making games for everyone. Nintendo has never wavered from making games for everyone.

This. I loved the PS1 and PS2, but they lost me on the PS3.
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoosterTeeth/videos?view=0
#8StickMen1090Posted 2/24/2013 6:40:07 PM
Well if you look at Nintendo's past they would have the advantage in the innovative game category
#9Lefty128kPosted 2/24/2013 7:05:55 PM
force_user1975 posted...
Sony used to innovate, they haven't done that since the PS2 days though. Same goes for the games, I've always enjoyed the Nintendo first party games as opposed to the Sony first party games.

PS3 was loaded with innovative and unique tech.

Sony has created or encouraged lots of new IP's, fully fleshed out. Uncharted, InFamous, Heavy Rain, Resistance, Valkyria Chronicles.

Nintendo has tons of new IP's too. Outside of Mario, Link, and friends it's mostly shovelware like how to rake leaves and stuff.

Sony is also helping to pioneer games as art with titles like Journey.
Nintendo games still look and feel like cartoons.

I guess if you want to play Mario, jumping around, and stomping turtles or stabbin' around Hyrule with Link for the 50th game in a row...yeah Nintendo is great.

I prefer real variety.