Question for people who hate Wii U's graphics

#1Lemmywinks13Posted 2/24/2013 7:32:15 PM
There seems to be a lot of hate towards the Wii U for its graphics capability. It's at least on par with every console out now, actually the most powerful console out there but for the trolls lets say it's about the same as the other consoles. My question is...if these graphics are so offensive to you, are you going to trash your 360/PS3 when there successors come out? All the games you have for PS3 now will be outdated by the end of the year. Do you not play anything from the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube era? Cause if you think the Wii U's graphics are bad I can only imagine what looking at those games must feel like to you! All graphics eventually become outdated.
#2ThaPrinceRazielPosted 2/24/2013 7:47:22 PM
No? Because the PS3/360 will be previous gen consoles, thus automatically giving them the title outdated. The Wii U, a next gen console, shouldn't have comparably outdated graphics. That's the difference, understand?
---
Reaver of Souls.. I have become something... Darker Than Black
#3Baha05Posted 2/24/2013 7:52:02 PM
ThaPrinceRaziel posted...
No? Because the PS3/360 will be previous gen consoles, thus automatically giving them the title outdated. The Wii U, a next gen console, shouldn't have comparably outdated graphics. That's the difference, understand?

Thing is these are launch graphics at the moment and even if teh graphics don't improve over time there is really nothing wrong with them when you factor in the controller and how devs can utilize them to make games unique.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#4ThaPrinceRazielPosted 2/24/2013 8:06:35 PM
Baha05 posted...

Thing is these are launch graphics at the moment and even if teh graphics don't improve over time there is really nothing wrong with them when you factor in the controller and how devs can utilize them to make games unique.

How does factoring in the controller benefit the Wii U's graphics? Unique gameplay has nothing to do with it. Plus that argument has been disputed already with the Wii, because we all remember the unique, amazing games 3rd parties created on the Wii. And how they flocked to the Wii because of its Uniqueness. Right?
---
#5SlimeSwayzePosted 2/24/2013 8:08:09 PM
Making a topic like this is basically like trying to reason with a baby, or an animal. You're just wasting your time.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#6MetroidJunkiePosted 2/24/2013 8:10:18 PM
Personally, I think the Wii U will be more restricted by third parties than its own hardware. The Wii had mostly Ps2 engines because they couldn't just slap on Ps3 engines. While the Wii was much more capable than the Ps2 by a wide margin, it was given graphics of that nature due to lazy developers. I think the Wii U is more likely to get Xbox 360 / Ps3 engines, regardless of whether it's capable of more or not.

If they can't give it a straight Ps4/720 engine, they'll just go a complete notch downward. Honestly, though, at this point, I don't think there's an excuse for a game to have bad graphics because there are enough graphical trickery that developers can work around limitations.

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/xbox360/crysis_3/screens/crysis_3_25.jpg
#7kdognumba1Posted 2/24/2013 8:12:08 PM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
There seems to be a lot of hate towards the Wii U for its graphics capability. It's at least on par with every console out now, actually the most powerful console out there but for the trolls lets say it's about the same as the other consoles. My question is...if these graphics are so offensive to you, are you going to trash your 360/PS3 when there successors come out? All the games you have for PS3 now will be outdated by the end of the year. Do you not play anything from the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube era? Cause if you think the Wii U's graphics are bad I can only imagine what looking at those games must feel like to you! All graphics eventually become outdated.

Will they trash their systems?
Doubtful. Anybody with half a brain won't be tossing their PS3 for obvious reaons. You do have a lot of people who play games though that will only play the latest and greatest and forget what games from previous generations look like, like the dude bro's that only play the Overyhyped Sellout Lens Flare Dubstep War Zombies HD games.

Do they play games from older generations?
If they don't give a flying flip about BC then chances are they don't or they have every system known to man.

All Graphics eventually become outdated.
BINGO! By the time all dedicated game systems hit the market, they're already outdated. PS Vita was hyped as the most powerful ultimate portable device with the highest end specs..... then Razer, Samsung and Apple dropped their new devices with vastly superior specs running games that are visually on par with consoles and in the case of Razer, running games that are right on par with PC's.

Sure the Wii U doesn't have the latest and greatest hardware but guess what, the latest and greatest hardware is even more powerful then the PS4 and will most likely be more powerful then the 720 and the systems aren't even on the market yet. By the time they release, the high end PC's will still smash them. Again, it's just the nature of the beast, technology continues updating, unless consoles update every year and allow you to customize the hardware yourself (like the Ouya and Steambox) this will always stay the same. If you want power, go PC, otherwise forget about it and buy hardware based on the games you want.
---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#8Baha05Posted 2/24/2013 8:14:42 PM
How does factoring in the controller benefit the Wii U's graphics? Unique gameplay has nothing to do with it. Plus that argument has been disputed already with the Wii, because we all remember the unique, amazing games 3rd parties created on the Wii. And how they flocked to the Wii because of its Uniqueness. Right?

It benefits the console if properly utilized. Graphics are a big thing sure but gameplay always trump graphics. With the Wii it was an issue of power and 3rd party devs not utilizing the controllers properly. They tend to under utilize games from time to time, not using all the features a system has, etc etc.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#9ThaPrinceRazielPosted 2/24/2013 8:32:24 PM
Baha05 posted...

It benefits the console if properly utilized. Graphics are a big thing sure but gameplay always trump graphics. With the Wii it was an issue of power and 3rd party devs not utilizing the controllers properly. They tend to under utilize games from time to time, not using all the features a system has, etc etc.

Go back and read the topic title, then the OP. It doesn't matter if it's trumped or not, it's still the subject of this topic. And will all those problems simply vanish with the Wii U? It's underpowered compared to the consoles it SHOULD be compared to. What's different now? It's performing significantly worst than its predecessor? I can't see that as a positive honestly.
---
#10animanganimePosted 2/24/2013 8:32:48 PM
I don't hate Wii U's graphical capability, I play classic games all the time and I have no issue with how they look.
I however do hate how Nintendo made a bunch of money last gen but still chose to cheap out and release a console that is vastly underpowered compared to todays standard with the slowest OS and games that look a tiny bit better (in some cases) than consoles released more than half a decade ago. Just what are they spending their money on?
---
WC i5 2500k @ 4.4 ghz, 2x GTX 670 DirectCU II, Corsair P128 SSD, 16gb G.Skill 1600 DDR3, Zalman 1000W PSU, Cosmos 1000 Case, HP LP3065 @ 2560 x 1600 IPS