Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on the horizon..

#1TheSuspectedPosted 2/25/2013 5:29:19 AM
..So it's about time for me to purchase a Wii U.

However, I really want to (re)purchase a 3DS because of Dragon Quest VII. Yes, I know I'll be waiting a long time for it, but DQVII is by far my favorite JRPG ever. When you add in the new SMT game, and the missed games from the DS library, the 3DS is absolutely the better buy.

However, I've had a 3DS before and I could always wait until the major game I want is out. The Wii U is shiny and new and Monster Hunter alone will provide dozens, if not hundreds, of hours in entertainment. That's more than enough time to wait for another game I may want on Wii U, which is inevitable.

I can only get one for now. Money isn't an issue, the amount of time playing games is. What do?
---
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | LoL IGN: Fraudulent NaRD
GameFAQs P4A board 'Random Button' mainer!
#2kisame890Posted 2/25/2013 5:31:03 AM
The 3DS is also getting Monster Hunter as well, just without the online component.
---
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest luppiter reprehendere.
#3metroid02Posted 2/25/2013 5:33:42 AM
I dont quite understand. You say money isnt an issue, yet you can only get one?

Regardless, unless you really want to play online in MH3 I suggest you go for the 3DS. However, if money really isnt the issue get MH3 for the Wii U (along with a Wii U) and get a 3DS at some later point for DQ (at which point you can still get the DS games).
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#4TheSuspected(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 5:38:03 AM
kisame890 posted...
The 3DS is also getting Monster Hunter as well, just without the online component.

I know, but I NEED the online </3.

metroid02 posted...
I dont quite understand. You say money isnt an issue, yet you can only get one?

It isn't. I could buy both right now but as I said, I don't have much time to game. Between my Steam backlog and PS3, along with college, buying two new toys would leave one unopened for at least a month. I'd rather settle on getting one now, a single game with it, and enjoy it before putting it down.
---
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | LoL IGN: Fraudulent NaRD
#5KiritoArtPosted 2/25/2013 5:53:42 AM
Just get a wii u for mh next month, then by the time dq and shin come westbound...buy a 3ds. Winwin
---
NNID: SuperLuigi PSN:KiritoArt XBL:ChaseBelmont
#6DeathSnipe777Posted 2/25/2013 6:02:27 AM(edited)

Actually, the 3DS version can be played online by basically using your WiiU as a "router" by attaching it to the internet directly with a LAN cable.

Though that still requires a WiiU, so perhaps the point is moot lol.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#7TheRealistKillaPosted 2/25/2013 6:30:18 AM
wii u.

you can also pick up mario bros wii u, cod black ops II, nintendoland then in a month or two get pikmin 3
---
I have never seen a kid so explosive in my life. Mike Mayock on Percy Lord have Mercy Harvin
#8Virus66Posted 2/25/2013 6:39:35 AM
The 3DS controls of MH can be a little... painful at times. When you need a named grip to play the game (reverse claw grip -_-) then chances are that there might be something wrong. I'm sure it's completely functional, but I would much rather get a copy that uses dual analog, therefore, the Wii U version.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#9TheSuspected(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:54:52 AM
DeathSnipe777 posted...

Actually, the 3DS version can be played online by basically using your WiiU as a "router" by attaching it to the internet directly with a LAN cable.

Though that still requires a WiiU, so perhaps the point is moot lol.

That is actually pretty awesome, and will be nice for the future.

Virus66 posted...
The 3DS controls of MH can be a little... painful at times. When you need a named grip to play the game (reverse claw grip -_-) then chances are that there might be something wrong. I'm sure it's completely functional, but I would much rather get a copy that uses dual analog, therefore, the Wii U version.

It works fine, I used to do it for the PSP. That said however, the Wii Classic Controller Pro spoiled me on how much dual analog actually matters for MH.
---
#10bezlaskezPosted 2/25/2013 7:02:52 AM
Virus66 posted...

Circle pad pro. XL one even comes out same day as 3ds MH.

Anyway, get the Wii U one, and we'll see you there!