Wii U vs. PS4?

#5150inchDLPPosted 2/25/2013 11:09:50 AM
ps4 is stronger by a fair bit, but wiiU will "run" any game ps4 can just at "lower" settings much as a 4650 can "run" anygame a gtx560 can.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#52RusmurfPosted 2/25/2013 11:22:58 AM
Both lol
#53art_of_the_killPosted 2/25/2013 11:33:13 AM
Walboro posted...
It's not about specs and muscle power, it's about fun, games and the experience itself, anuallized games such as the CoD and all of EA's franchises are the reason the home gaming scene is dying.

That's what SonĄ and Micro$oft don't understand.

Except the PS3/360 had PLENTY of fun games and experiences, and you're just recycling the same Nintendo fanboy propaganda.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#54P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/25/2013 11:39:41 AM
greatone101 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
greatone101 posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Well PS4 has better hardware, a significantly better online network and as usual, better 3rd party support. And bundling in a headset and camera with every PS4 is a nice move.

On an objective level, PS4 wins. But as always, if you want Nintendo games, Nintendo's console is the only place to get them.

I'm personally leaning towards a PS4/Wii U combo this gen. I'll get a PS4 no matter what, but if I do get a second system, it'll most likely be Wii U over PC or Durango.

Funny how you can make those claims when we haven't seen anything about it yet.

It already has better third party support, Better hardware and better online thats a fact.

But on topic i am holding out on a Wii U. I was going to jump the gun and get it last month but there are NO games i want until late 2013 and by then PS4 will be out.

That's blatantly wrong.

So you are saying the Wii U is more powerful than the PS4? That Nintendo's Online is better than PSN? That it has better third party support than the PS4?

We know it's stronger but know nothing about it's architecture. We know nothing about it's online or the new network as the whole thing is being changed. And the Wii U does have more first and third party support at this time than the PS4. The PS4 also is not backwards compatible with any physical or digital software.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#55JKatarnPosted 2/25/2013 11:40:37 AM
On paper the PS4 is unquestionably more powerful with a better CPU, 4x the RAM, and the Killzone demonstration seems to lead to the GPU being more powerful as well. Of course once Nintendo gets around to releasing some of their core franchises on the Wii-U I expect Wii-U sales to become somewhat brisk (the inevitable price cut/bundles will help in that regard).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#56JKatarnPosted 2/25/2013 11:42:23 AM
50inchDLP posted...
ps4 is stronger by a fair bit, but wiiU will "run" any game ps4 can just at "lower" settings much as a 4650 can "run" anygame a gtx560 can.

Not necessarily, if developers start tapping into that large (for a console) amount of RAM, it will be difficult to shoehorn a game that uses, say 6GB or so of the system's RAM into the 2GB on the Wii-U without re-designing the game/engine to compensate.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#5750inchDLPPosted 2/25/2013 11:48:47 AM(edited)
JKatarn posted...
50inchDLP posted...

Not necessarily, if developers start tapping into that large (for a console) amount of RAM, it will be difficult to shoehorn a game that uses, say 6GB or so of the system's RAM into the 2GB on the Wii-U without re-designing the game/engine to compensate.

thats not how it works. if i have a core duo at 1.8ghz 2gb ram and a 4650 i can run crysis 3 just on low 720p and at lower FPS just like wiiU ports will be. Ps4 on the other hand will be playing on high/very high 1080P with the same or more FPS.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thereal50inchDLP -contains my Dreamcast project of putting HD vids of each US game up.http://bf3stats.com/stats_360/louerina
#58CBASH13Posted 2/25/2013 11:46:40 AM
This is clearly a joke topic.

The Wii U doesn't even stack up to the current gen. No games and built on a gimmick. No thanks Nintendo, not this time.
---
It is what it is
#59godplaysSNESPosted 2/25/2013 11:47:03 AM
JKatarn posted...
50inchDLP posted...

1GB of Wii U's RAM is currently reserved for the OS though, making it even more unlikely. The PS4 could dedicate 2GB of its RAM to the OS and still have 6GB left for gaming.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#60TrixonePosted 2/25/2013 11:49:13 AM
excitebike64 posted...
VanderZoo posted...
bleedingelite posted...
I certainly wouldn't limit myself to one or the other.

The big issue is PS4 or Xbox 720. And there are still a million questions that need to be answered before I can answer that one.

I don't see what MS can do to top PS4, I'll be very surprised if their console looks better in anyway than it.

Take away PS4 sales, basically. In American, many people love Xbox just b/c it's not Japanese. Just like in Japan, many dislike the xbox for not being Japanese.

You're crazy and don't know what you're talking about. However, I agree w/ one thing, in Japan they probably do like Sony a bit more because it's Japanese. Everybody knows Japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world.
---
PS3 60 RIP | Slim | Vaio VGN-FE | Deneb AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE OC'd
Playing: SSFIV:AE, DS - Samurai of Legend