"Nintendo dropped the ball... BIG TIME"

#1ADHDguitarPosted 2/25/2013 9:16:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/feed/UC__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

I agree with this man, although I think he's slightly overestimating the weakness of the Wii U's hardware.

Nintendo just needed a couple of their IP's ready for launch and they could have DESTROYED Sony and Microsoft.

But they didn't.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#2icarus231Posted 2/25/2013 9:18:55 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
http://www.youtube.com/feed/UC__Oy3QdB3d9_FHO_XG1PZg

I agree with this man, although I think he's slightly overestimating the weakness of the Wii U's hardware.

Nintendo just needed a couple of their IP's ready for launch and they could have DESTROYED Sony and Microsoft.

But they didn't.

I think that would have been good however i think them releasing the big sellers at xmas this year will defintely benifit them when the ps4 comes out.
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/25/2013 9:21:03 AM
Sony and Microsoft haven't even released their consoles yet.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#4Y34RX3R0Posted 2/25/2013 9:21:34 AM
Yeah, why they released it without some more software is beyong me.
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#5ADHDguitar(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:21:59 AM
The point is that if they had built a big install base BEFORE the PS4 launched, they could have absolutely dominated the PS4 and the Xbox 720.

I'm almost inclined to say that they should have delayed Skyward Sword and put it on the Wii U.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/25/2013 9:23:35 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
The point is that if they had built a big install base BEFORE the PS4 launched, they could have absolutely dominated the PS4 and the Xbox 720.

I'm almost inclined to say that they should have delayed Skyward Sword and put it on the Wii U.

There's plenty of time and I highly doubt the PS4 will come right after e3. You're making it sound like Nintendo has literally no time to release games or anything and it's too late to compete anymore.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#7trenkenPosted 2/25/2013 9:24:23 AM
Y34RX3R0 posted...

Google search Nintendo's financial conditions. They are in pretty bad shape and couldnt afford to just sit on this thing for a year until more games are ready.

Theyve been bleeding money for a long time due to slumping Wii sales (of course since everyone has one), and the 3DS selling many millions less than they forecasted by this point.

Nintendo knows their fans. They know they can put systems out with no great original games and people will still buy anything with their logo on it. NSMB doesnt really count, its the 4th NSMB game and is not much different than any of the previous ones.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8SlimeSwayzePosted 2/25/2013 9:25:02 AM
ADHDguitar posted...

"Absolutely dominated."

Are you from the alternate future where Nintendo did these things you suggested, or do you always just speak in hyperbole?
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#9MctiasPosted 2/25/2013 9:29:08 AM
There is still an entire year, PS4 won't be out till Christmas. Now, if by then there aren't many compelling games for Wii U... I guess you could say they have dropped the ball.
#10icarus231Posted 2/25/2013 9:34:49 AM
trenken posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...

Google search Nintendo's financial conditions. They are in pretty bad shape and couldnt afford to just sit on this thing for a year until more games are ready.

Theyve been bleeding money for a long time due to slumping Wii sales (of course since everyone has one), and the 3DS selling many millions less than they forecasted by this point.

Nintendo knows their fans. They know they can put systems out with no great original games and people will still buy anything with their logo on it. NSMB doesnt really count, its the 4th NSMB game and is not much different than any of the previous ones.

I think you are confusing them with the nearly bankrupt sony