"Nintendo dropped the ball... BIG TIME"

#2140DribylfPosted 2/25/2013 9:09:48 AM
I unsubscribe to him because of that video, because it's uninformed. (Like the GPU isn't based on Radeon tech, its a custom job)

The hardware isn't going to be the issue here. Nintendo doesn't need multiplats. Also, Zelda isn't a system seller. Twilight Princess sold only 5.8 million (barely above 6% of the install base). And Skyward Sword? 3.5 million. Zelda is a critical darling, nothing more.

Nintendo needs better advertising and better developer relationships. That's it. They ****ed up both so far.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#22_Sovereign_Posted 2/25/2013 9:16:26 AM
Nintendo was smart, albeit a little short on the games end. However, releasing more games closer to the other consoles respective launches will help.

Think of it like this : They release everything they have been working on in the first 6 months of the consoles life.....now they need two more years before any 1st party titles come out and the new consoles release to NO competition.

Or they do like they have been, building up excitement for titles in the coming months and providing a steady stream of content to keep you busy and occupied and generally giving the competition a fight right at their doorstep.

I have 6 games for my Wii U, plus Xenoblade which I haven't finished. Lego City, NFS, and Luigi's Mansion come out soon to tide me over until the next wave.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#23iKhanicPosted 2/25/2013 9:25:42 AM
40Dribylf posted...

The hardware isn't going to be the issue here. Nintendo doesn't need multiplats. Also, Zelda isn't a system seller. Twilight Princess sold only 5.8 million (barely above 6% of the install base). And Skyward Sword? 3.5 million. Zelda is a critical darling, nothing more.

Are you telling me that a game hyped for 3 years, and the best selling Zelda game of all time (combining GC and Wii sales) didn't play a role in the Wii's successful launch?

I agree that Zelda's not a system seller normally, but TP was the exception.
---
Not changing this sig until we get a new main series Tales game released on a Nintendo console in the US
#24Elem187Posted 2/25/2013 9:33:54 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
The point is that if they had built a big install base BEFORE the PS4 launched, they could have absolutely dominated the PS4 and the Xbox 720.

I'm almost inclined to say that they should have delayed Skyward Sword and put it on the Wii U.

So after spending 5 years developing motion controls for skyward sword they should have thrown it all in the trash just so they can release it on the Wii U?

You do realize you can run skyward sword on the Wii U, right? At least some companies believe in backwards compatibility still.
#25RockD79Posted 2/25/2013 9:37:45 AM
If the system was $500-600 then I would see them dropping the ball. The Wii U is a new Nintendo system. I'm glad it's different. No sense in having more than one system that do the same damn thing.