Cliffy B: Nintendo is gonna lose the hardware race. It's going the way of Sega

#21guttertalkPosted 2/25/2013 9:57:08 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
DTY3 posted...
...who?

This is why third party developers are weary of Nintendo consoles. Nintendo fanboys know the ins and outs of Nintendo's company men like Reggie and any developer under Nintendo, but even a very popular developer like Cliffy B is a no name to them XD

Yeah because taking one post to make a sweeping generalization is smart.

You're saying that third parties don't develop for Nintendo platforms (excluding the DS and 3DS, obviously) because Nintendo fanboys (a subset of Nintendo platform owners) don't know who the different studio heads, lead developers, artists, et al. are for the third party games.

"No, we're not making this game for the Wii U . . . those people on the Gamefaqs boards have no idea who Cliffy B., John Carmack, or Blow is."

</boggle>
#22-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 10:00:12 AM
DFMan456 posted...
Zelda on PS4 is going to be amazing. :-o

can't wait

XD
#23Shao_KahnPosted 2/25/2013 10:07:00 AM
Who's ever actually cared what Cliffy B thinks?
#24squatch22Posted 2/25/2013 10:08:25 AM
Gran Turismo 6 on Nintendos next console should be good :)
---
Dog posted: I know I have bias...
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#25DynheartPosted 2/25/2013 10:08:35 AM
Y34RX3R0 posted...
He is doomin n gloomin on all 3 consols if you read the article.

Well, yea. But all people will read is the Nintendo part and throw it on this board. You know that's the high-light of the article after all!
---
Currently playing: DoA 4, Plants VS Zombies, NSMBU
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#26Chewy247Posted 2/25/2013 10:11:54 AM
TBH he has a point. Gaming has become streamlined into the mainstream because of Xbox and CoD. No matter how much you hate the guy or MS, it's true

Oh BTW- I beat NSMBU last night and I loved it! Might buy ZombiU for my birthday tonight but I've heard mixed receptions
---
WRESTLEMANIA 29Who will go toe to toe with The Great One?
#27Tsutarja495Posted 2/25/2013 10:12:45 AM
Looks more like he is talking about consoles in general, saying they will have a hard time keeping up with the versatility of PC. He said they need to become more open to alternate business models and such. At the end he linked to something about indie developers warming up to the Wii U's eShop and major developers finding the PS4 developer-friendly.

I don't see any mention of Sega, and while I do see him saying Nintendo might drop out of hardware, I don't really see the context. He didn't really say why he thought it would be Nintendo.
#28Y34RX3R0Posted 2/25/2013 10:13:36 AM
Dynheart posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...
He is doomin n gloomin on all 3 consols if you read the article.

Well, yea. But all people will read is the Nintendo part and throw it on this board. You know that's the high-light of the article after all!

Truth!
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#29AlustarPosted 2/25/2013 10:22:31 AM
I like Cliffy, he seems like a level headed guy that has a lot of experience in the industry. Also the article is saying more about consoles in general than just Nintendo's and I think he makes some good points.
#30darkqueenhelbaPosted 2/25/2013 10:24:06 AM
Clifford is one developer out of hundreds. Take that as you will~
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!