'Runner2' Storms out on Feb. 26, Gaijin Games Releases Trailer to Celebrate

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/25/2013 1:43:05 PM
In anticipation for the impending release of “Bit.Trip Presents Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien” -- impending as in tomorrow -- Gaijin Games have released a new trailer to drum up one last burst of frothy excitement.

The first “Runner” was part of the original “Bit. Trip” series that started winning hearts and minds on WiiWare a few years ago, marrying rhythm and platforming mechanics with a purposefully stripped down 8-bit visual style. The basic mechanics seem similar in “Runner2” -- Commander Video is still running, jumping, and sliding -- but the series’ aesthetic has seen a major overhaul.

“The style change up … a little bit of it was story-driven. A little bit of it was, we were working on ‘Bit. Trip’ for so many years that we wanted to expand our wings a little bit,” explained Mike Roush, co-founder of Gaijin Games in an interview. “And also, we sort of have more power now on the Xbox, PSN, PC, and Mac, so that was also a factor.”

Eagle-eyed viewers will also notice that one of the unlockable characters in “Runner2” is called Whetfart Cheeseburger, which may explain the game’s ESRB rating: “T” for “crude humor.”

In any case, “Runner2” will be available on, like, every platform on February 26: Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, Steam for Mac, Linux, and PC, and Wii U. Gaijin are also running a special music bundle promotion: fans can pay what they want for six soundtracks from previous “Bit.Trip” games, but $20 will also score you a “Runner2” pre-order.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/02/25/runner2-storms-on-xbla-psn-steam-and-wii-u-on-feb-26-gaijin-games-releases-trailer-to-celebrate/
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#2Goku_The_HumenPosted 2/25/2013 1:49:51 PM
Could you explain how this game is tailored to the Wii U's control scheme?
#3Y34RX3R0Posted 2/25/2013 1:50:38 PM
Goku_The_Humen posted...

Just off screen play!
---
PSN: Y34RX3R0
Nintendo Wii U ID: HumanAPE
#4Goku_The_HumenPosted 2/25/2013 1:51:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 2/25/2013 1:52:19 PM
Should we move the discussion to this topic?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://i46.tinypic.com/b83ehv.gif
#6Y34RX3R0Posted 2/25/2013 1:57:59 PM
Goku_The_Humen posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...
Goku_The_Humen posted...

Just off screen play!

Incredible, it'll be like I'm really playing a GBA game with sub-HD resolution on an oversized handheld. Day 1 buy.

Off screen play has been a huge perk for me, to each his own.
---
#7sentoworfPosted 2/25/2013 2:04:23 PM
Goku_The_Humen posted...
Y34RX3R0 posted...
Goku_The_Humen posted...

Just off screen play!

Incredible, it'll be like I'm really playing a GBA game with sub-HD resolution on an oversized handheld. Day 1 buy.

lol
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#8Y34RX3R0Posted 2/25/2013 2:14:26 PM
Just watched trailer, hype levels rising!
---
#9aj_hacker87Posted 2/28/2013 7:38:23 AM
Just a note this is not available in the EU E-Shop and there is no release date for it for the EU on the Wii U according to GameFAQs.
---
Youtube: www.youtube.com/mrdraycan
#10DarkIVloonPosted 2/28/2013 7:47:20 AM(edited)
I've bought every game in the series on PC, i also have the Collection for Wii with Soundtrack, and i have a retail copy of Saga on 3DS

more bit trip !!!
---
Gotta get em' all, shmupmon!