Getting a WiiU (and doing it like a boss)

#1wedontgetfooledagainPosted 2/25/2013 5:15:46 PM
Going to Easyhome to put a down payment of a hundred bucks, paying the. 10 bucks a week thing for ninety days, then using my gst cheque to pay for the final hundred or so bucks later. No interest charged.

So, games I should get? How is Miiverse?
---
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams
#2KAMMYqueenPosted 2/25/2013 5:17:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3ADHDguitarPosted 2/25/2013 5:17:57 PM
You want Mario. Other than that, you should play the demo of/check out.

ZombiU
Lego City
Nintendo Land
Need for Speed
Monster Hunter 3

ZombiU and Monster Hunter 3 have demos on the eShop.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4YamiYugi4400Posted 2/25/2013 5:19:26 PM
Beware, the menu is stupidly slow even though it has 1 GB dedicated to it. The update fix won't come for at least 2 more months, but by then you will have it so you're good
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#5Virus66Posted 2/25/2013 5:22:07 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Beware, the menu is stupidly slow even though it has 1 GB dedicated to it. The update fix won't come for at least 2 more months, but by then you will have it so you're good

This. At least the first patch should be out by the time you get it...
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#6DynheartPosted 2/25/2013 5:27:59 PM(edited)
Miiverse is cool. Nifty drawings and such. It will get better once games incorporate Miiverse into the games. NFSMW: U will be the first one to do that, at least that's what I'm reading.

As for games? The launch is good...if you haven't played a lot of the games. It's mediocre if you have. I own:

NSMB: U
Zombi U
Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts
Black Ops II
Trine 2
The Cave
Nano Assault Neo
Mighty Switch Force
F-Zero
Balloon Fight

Games I will own in the nest 3 weeks:

NFSMW: U
Monster Hunter
Lego's City

It's not "OMG!" but I will say that it was better than most launch/windows, for me. But I'm enjoying the games I have at the moment. I bet some people will laugh at my list of games. I think it's a solid list for a launch/window library.

But I have 70 more games to complete on the 360.../cry!
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil 5, NSMBU (4 Star Profile)
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#7hellbringherPosted 2/25/2013 5:27:03 PM
You should do it like an employee.
---
Currently playing ~ Syndicate
#8SocranPosted 2/25/2013 5:34:40 PM
wedontgetfooledagain posted...
Going to Easyhome to put a down payment of a hundred bucks, paying the. 10 bucks a week thing for ninety days, then using my gst cheque to pay for the final hundred or so bucks later. No interest charged.

So, games I should get? How is Miiverse?

Regular or deluxe version? I did some math, but came out to $330 "give or take", which means I can't guess whether you actually mean $300 or $350. Nintendo Land is a pretty good game that's definitely worth checking out, and it's cheaper in the deluxe bundle than buying it seperate, so you should probably go with that. If you plan on getting either ZombiU or a pro controller, you should get the ZombiU bundle instead, since it's the deluxe package + Zombi U + Pro Controller for cheaper than either of them would have been originally.

Anyway, games definitely worth checking out that are out already include Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros U. ZombiU might be your thing, or it might not, look into it and see if it sounds like something you'd enjoy. If you've never played Batman Arkham City on another console, get it right this second. And you might also want to look into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate coming next month. There's a demo for it, but... It's kind of terrible. It doesn't show any of the high points of the game, and drops you right into the combat, which you're supposed to ease into and may mistake as being "clunky" if you don't understand the precision behind it.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9wedontgetfooledagain(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 6:34:28 PM
Ill get the deluxe version and pay whatever is left at the end. Good auggestions. Totally forgot about Scribblenauts
---
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others. - Douglas Adams
#1001Philip01Posted 2/25/2013 7:21:22 PM
Nsmbu
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10