More than 50% of Gfaqs things Nintendo might become software only...

#11lipnox88Posted 2/26/2013 5:54:00 AM
I think they were missing answers, I think Nintendo still has another generation of consoles after this one, but then things could be different. Sony I dont expect to survive current gen, I dont think microsoft is at all worried.
---
Currently Enjoying;Kid Icarus uprising, Zelda Twilight Princess, Super Castlevania, Megaman 2, mario U, nintendo land,boycotting Ubi$oft and there garbage games
#12Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/26/2013 5:55:55 AM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
DarthLaharl posted...
art_of_the_kill posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Unlike Sony & MS, Nintendo doesn't need to sell 50+ million to make a profit -__-

Based on this statement, you're one of those users.

But it's true. How many PS3 and 360's had to be sold before either of them started profiting? On hardware I mean.

not sure if serious or not

grow up

you sure know nothing, PS3 is sold at a loss

Wii U+ one game is sold at profit.
#13DarkAdonis123Posted 2/26/2013 5:57:44 AM
I'm one of the users who believes leaving the console market is possible, but not handheld.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#14MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 5:58:25 AM
I don't think the naysayers understand how business works. Nintendo has enough funds to survive atleast four or five Virtual Boys and the Wii U will certainly perform much better than that. I'm sure even the most pessimistic Anti-Wii U goer will acknowledge the Wii U will have far more success than the Virtual Boy did. Nintendo would have to have multiple complete failures in a row for for it to actually do significant damage to them and they're not nearly so stupid. If something doesn't work, they seek to fix it, they wouldn't have survived this long if they didn't understand that.
#15DarkMasterShakePosted 2/26/2013 6:14:07 AM
lipnox88 posted...
I think they were missing answers, I think Nintendo still has another generation of consoles after this one, but then things could be different. Sony I dont expect to survive current gen, I dont think microsoft is at all worried.

Lol Sony is definitely gonna outlast Nintendo lets be real here. A company that relies on its sale of video games, that's not selling video games right now. They will br handheld only by 2020, I'm guessing sooner. M$ just gonna throw money at everything as always, with their quantity over quality attitude they have.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#16MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 6:19:22 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...

Lol Sony is definitely gonna outlast Nintendo lets be real here. A company that relies on its sale of video games, that's not selling video games right now. They will br handheld only by 2020, I'm guessing sooner. M$ just gonna throw money at everything as always, with their quantity over quality attitude they have.

The Ps3 really cut into Sony's profit margin due to this 'sell at a huge loss and make up for it in software' tactic and the Vita is currently far behind the 3DS in sales. Clearly, having superior hardware isn't the only factor costumers make. I don't say that as a fan of anything, it's just objective observation.
#17Rasputin77Posted 2/26/2013 6:27:39 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
doraemonllh1989 posted...
not sure if serious or not

grow up

you sure know nothing,

It's responses like these that make this board a bag of s***.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#18Madridiq8ePosted 2/26/2013 6:40:34 AM
Nintendo is only alive case of their exclusives (Mario, Zelda ... etc)
#19FoppePosted 2/26/2013 6:43:22 AM
I must have missed that everybody that have ever visited GameFaqs are forced to vote in the poll.
I have not voted today, which means that the poll does not represent all GameFaqs users.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#20GEKGanonPosted 2/26/2013 6:45:25 AM
One of the choices doesn't make sense to me. Why would Nintendo continue making handhelds, but go third party in the console market? Then people could get a Nintendo fix without having to purchase a handheld, so wouldn't that still be bad for Nintendo's hardware market?
---
Steam Name: gekganon