More than 50% of Gfaqs things Nintendo might become software only...

#101DarthSchubertPosted 2/26/2013 10:48:38 AM
Granted it is astonishing and confusing to me, but no I don't think Nintendo will go software only. I don't understand how they continuously release inferior hardware, but it sells.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."
#102super_luigi16Posted 2/26/2013 10:52:10 AM
http://www.vgmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/nintendo-cycle.png
---
Luigi > Mario
Current Project
: 2012 FAQ Tournament | Upcoming Project: Luigi's Mansion FAQ
#103Tsutarja495Posted 2/26/2013 10:53:14 AM
I don't see why they wouldn't just go handheld only instead of being third party. Their home consoles are hit and miss in success (NES, SNES, and Wii won; N64 and GC got beat by a landslide, Virtual Boy flopped, and Wii U is off to a bad start), but their handhelds have always been largely successful. That's while they are dividing their attention between home and handheld. Just imagine if all their efforts were on one handheld through a generation.
#104IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/26/2013 10:55:28 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...
I don't see why they wouldn't just go handheld only instead of being third party. Their home consoles are hit and miss in success (NES, SNES, and Wii won; N64 and GC got beat by a landslide, Virtual Boy flopped, and Wii U is off to a bad start), but their handhelds have always been largely successful. That's while they are dividing their attention between home and handheld. Just imagine if all their efforts were on one handheld through a generation.

If they do drop out I think they will go 3rd party for consoles but have their own handheld.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#105atopp399Posted 2/26/2013 10:57:29 AM(edited)
I believe they would rather go bankrupt than sell their software on Sony or Microsoft's systems. They would probably go handheld only if it got really bad but only recently have they actually been hurting for money. They are good at releasing consoles for a profit.

If anything the next Xbox is the system that is going to be in trouble if they do in fact block used sales.
#106JaivfromONMPosted 2/26/2013 11:12:05 AM
Nintendo are already selling the Wii U at a loss, but they only need to sell one game to make a profit. They are definitely not going to drop out of the console business anytime soon and no one can say the Wii U is a failure as it hasn't even been on sale for half a year...
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
Sub me on Youtube: JaivfromONM
#107ValedictorianXDPosted 2/26/2013 11:12:49 AM
In other news, GameFAQs polls now represent the entirety of the gaming industry's userbase.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[ |||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#108reverence27Posted 2/26/2013 11:14:09 AM
Tsutarja495 posted...

3dS was off to a bad start and now look. It is because they are moving away from the sweetspot pricetag they use to always stick with. Once 3ds Dropped in price it finally started taking off. Wii U will most likely follow suit soon especially in time for the other two releases. Still, Wii U is selling at profit meaning they are not hurting as bad as fanboys like to scream. And as for N64 and GC, I wouldn't say landslide, if you are also comparing Xbox 1. It only sold a few million less, but made much more profit.
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#109SyserinPosted 2/26/2013 11:28:52 AM
In a way i kind of hope its true as it presents the opportunity for Sony or Microsoft to acquire certain Nintendo titles that i would love to see with enhanced graphics. Doubt it will ever happen by i can hope.
#110FlyinTonitePosted 2/26/2013 11:31:42 AM
Xbox fans shouldn't want nintendo to go third party. If they did, and IF they decided to keep making games, I see them making games for sony because of past business relations. With nintendo's amazing first party library added to sony's it would be game over microsoft.
---
I'll be a jerk to strangers because this is the internet
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd