More than 50% of Gfaqs things Nintendo might become software only...

#21beetle717Posted 2/26/2013 6:17:50 AM
DarkMasterShake posted...
lipnox88 posted...
I think they were missing answers, I think Nintendo still has another generation of consoles after this one, but then things could be different. Sony I dont expect to survive current gen, I dont think microsoft is at all worried.

Lol Sony is definitely gonna outlast Nintendo lets be real here. A company that relies on its sale of video games, that's not selling video games right now. They will br handheld only by 2020, I'm guessing sooner. M$ just gonna throw money at everything as always, with their quantity over quality attitude they have.

Um you do know Sony is swimming in red ink while Nintendo is turning a profit right?
---
Why is it my dog can hold it's bladder for 8 hours while I'm at work but only 25 mins when I'm home?
#22TerotrousPosted 2/26/2013 6:23:08 AM
OP should have been:

"In a related study more than 50% of Gfaqs is stupid".
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#23MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 6:25:27 AM
Terotrous posted...
OP should have been:

"In a related study more than 50% of Gfaqs is stupid".

I don't think you give Gamefaqs enough credit, I'm sure the stupidity meter is much greater than merely half.
#24LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/26/2013 6:29:13 AM
I thought the poll results were pretty modest, considering GameFAQs in general is Sonyville.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#25DarkMasterShakePosted 2/26/2013 6:30:54 AM
beetle717 posted...
lipnox88 posted...
I think they were missing answers, I think Nintendo still has another generation of consoles after this one, but then things could be different. Sony I dont expect to survive current gen, I dont think microsoft is at all worried.

Lol Sony is definitely gonna outlast Nintendo lets be real here. A company that relies on its sale of video games, that's not selling video games right now. They will br handheld only by 2020, I'm guessing sooner. M$ just gonna throw money at everything as always, with their quantity over quality attitude they have.

Um you do know Sony is swimming in red ink while Nintendo is turning a profit right?

Lol you do know the Wii U sold 57,000 units last month right, and generally doing pretty bad right now? Since it looks like the success of the Wii is not rubbing off on the U, I predict that Nintendo is going to focus only on handhelds soon, which they should've done after the Wii imo instead of releasing this....uninteresting system.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!
#26ILikesCheesePosted 2/26/2013 6:33:58 AM
And more than 90% of Gfaqs doesn't know how to spell the word "THINKS" or how to proofread, especially in the Topic Subject line.
-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#27LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/26/2013 6:34:00 AM
beetle717 posted...
lipnox88 posted...

Lol you do know the Wii U sold 57,000 units last month right, and generally doing pretty bad right now? Since it looks like the success of the Wii is not rubbing off on the U, I predict that Nintendo is going to focus only on handhelds soon, which they should've done after the Wii imo instead of releasing this....uninteresting system.

Nintendo can survive several consecutive console failures before they're in any amount of actual trouble. They didn't blow all of their Wii and DS profits on the Wii U.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#28lightningbugxPosted 2/26/2013 6:36:33 AM
Apparently, that "More than 50% of Gfaqs" don't remember how much of a killing Nintendo made from the Wii. Nintendo has more than enough finances to survive at least 2 successive failed consoles. So far, only the virtual boy failed. The Wii U is still young and only needs more games to be released.

The only company that is at risk of dropping out is Sony. It is not due to the PS3 alone. In the absolute worse, the Sony corporation will break apart, and someone else will buy the game divisions.
#29GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/26/2013 6:43:20 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
I don't think the naysayers understand how business works. Nintendo has enough funds to survive atleast four or five Virtual Boys and the Wii U will certainly perform much better than that. I'm sure even the most pessimistic Anti-Wii U goer will acknowledge the Wii U will have far more success than the Virtual Boy did. Nintendo would have to have multiple complete failures in a row for for it to actually do significant damage to them and they're not nearly so stupid. If something doesn't work, they seek to fix it, they wouldn't have survived this long if they didn't understand that.

For everyone that keeps spouting this idiocy, please LEARN 2 BUSINESS

NOW, heres the REALITY:

All that has to happen for Nintendo to be ****ed, is to continue to do poorly with the Wii U, whose sales are already starting to stall.

Most of Nintendos money is tied up in shareholders and investors, both of which WILL cash out and sell their shares if things do not improve and improve very well.

Once again, for the really slow folks, if the system doesn't start selling better, the stock value goes down. When the stock value goes down, shareholders sell because they don't want to LOSE money on an investment. Wii U already has tons of stigma surrounding it and developers and the gaming media really don't care for it at all.

Unlike stupid ass fanboys, investors and shareholders don't stick with a lemon of an investment, they bail when things look bad. And things do look bad at this point, nintendo picked a terrible architecture for the system that has turned everyone off for the most part.

We're in a global recession, and they ignored that and thought they could go a little too far on the cheap and greedy end. Theres a reason tons of people in the industry are saying the company will probably or should probably just go software only, and that the hardware is doomed. It isn't a conspiracy against nintendo, these people just have the common sense that most people here do not.

Lots of companies were around for a long time, it doesn't mean ****. Companies change, the people running them change. A company can tank overnight after surviving 100 years. Happens all the time. Iwatas been ****ing things up left and right constantly ever since Yamauchi stepped down.

Don't be surprised if Nintendo goes portable only after the Wii U, because its probably whats going to happen
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#30DarkMasterShakePosted 2/26/2013 6:44:22 AM
lightningbugx posted...
Apparently, that "More than 50% of Gfaqs" don't remember how much of a killing Nintendo made from the Wii. Nintendo has more than enough finances to survive at least 2 successive failed consoles. So far, only the virtual boy failed. The Wii U is still young and only needs more games to be released.

The only company that is at risk of dropping out is Sony. It is not due to the PS3 alone. In the absolute worse, the Sony corporation will break apart, and someone else will buy the game divisions.

Yea keep telling yourself that bro, right now people are more excited for the PS4 then they have ever been for the Wii U and a console hasn't even been shown yet. Nintendo may be able to survive if they get their head out of their butts and see that people don't want a console that has a controller with a low def screen its main appeal. Also if fans stop being stupid and supporting that behavior.

One thing you can say about Sony is that they listened to complaints and worked on them.
---
Indianapolis Colts: 11-6
Luck for R.O.T.Y!!!!!!