More than 50% of Gfaqs things Nintendo might become software only...

#31LemonKweenstaaaPosted 2/26/2013 7:47:29 AM(edited)
I'm going to laugh so hard when the PS4 flops and it isn't the second coming of Jesus like you guys are making it out to be.
---
Official Orange Sherbet of the IDF
http://i45.tinypic.com/35i4xlc.jpg
#32MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 7:49:10 AM(edited)
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

Unlike stupid ass fanboys, investors and shareholders don't stick with a lemon of an investment, they bail when things look bad. And things do look bad at this point, nintendo picked a terrible architecture for the system that has turned everyone off for the most part.

I don't think you realize that Nintendo isn't just going to sit back and wait for it all to crumble. When things start to diminish, they'll rethink their strategy, possibly give it a price cut and put some AAA titles on it like they did with the 3DS. You greatly underestimate Nintendo's persistence, you're just another pessimist who insists that THIS will be the thing that kills Nintendo. How many times has Nintendo died, going by that radical prediction? The Phillips CDi and Virtual Boy didn't kill Nintendo and they were far bigger commercial failures than the Wii U can ever hope to be.
#33GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 2/26/2013 7:57:47 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...

Unlike stupid ass fanboys, investors and shareholders don't stick with a lemon of an investment, they bail when things look bad. And things do look bad at this point, nintendo picked a terrible architecture for the system that has turned everyone off for the most part.

I don't think you realize that Nintendo isn't just going to sit back and wait for it all to crumble. When things start to diminish, they'll rethink their strategy, possibly give it a price cut and put some AAA titles on it like they did with the 3DS. You greatly underestimate Nintendo's persistence, you're just another pessimist who insists that THIS will be the thing that kills Nintendo. How many times has Nintendo died, going by that radical prediction? The Phillips CDi and Virtual Boy didn't kill Nintendo and they were far bigger commercial failures than the Wii U can ever hope to be.

Sorry but neither of those happened during a global recession where the companies (like most) stock prices were terribly low to begin with

The only reason the Wii didn't do Nintendo in was because it sold enough to keep them afloat for years. But the Wii U is not selling remotely like that, so they need actual ****ing GAMES this time. 6 year software drought with a babby trickle of titles will not cut it this time. People aren't buying the Wii U, because it has nothing to offer in software and nobody gives a damn about the gimmick this time.

The shareholders run the company these days and if it continues to do so poorly, they will probably kill support for the system early and focus on the only division thats done well consistently, the portables. Don't be too surprised when it happens.
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#34icarus231Posted 2/26/2013 8:01:43 AM
so 50% of people on here are morons
#35Alfieri xPosted 2/26/2013 8:04:24 AM
Thanks Gfaqs for feeding trolls, just what we needed...
---
"I call upon thee in the land of the dead, to unleash thy fury of thunder.... Indignation!!!" - Genis Sage
#36DarkAdonis123Posted 2/26/2013 8:07:29 AM
beetle717 posted...
DarkMasterShake posted...
lipnox88 posted...
I think they were missing answers, I think Nintendo still has another generation of consoles after this one, but then things could be different. Sony I dont expect to survive current gen, I dont think microsoft is at all worried.

Lol Sony is definitely gonna outlast Nintendo lets be real here. A company that relies on its sale of video games, that's not selling video games right now. They will br handheld only by 2020, I'm guessing sooner. M$ just gonna throw money at everything as always, with their quantity over quality attitude they have.

Um you do know Sony is swimming in red ink while Nintendo is turning a profit right?

Look at their last quarter report. They're back in the black. The more you know.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#37Rpgaddict_22Posted 2/26/2013 8:08:18 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
I don't think the naysayers understand how business works. Nintendo has enough funds to survive atleast four or five Virtual Boys and the Wii U will certainly perform much better than that. I'm sure even the most pessimistic Anti-Wii U goer will acknowledge the Wii U will have far more success than the Virtual Boy did. Nintendo would have to have multiple complete failures in a row for for it to actually do significant damage to them and they're not nearly so stupid. If something doesn't work, they seek to fix it, they wouldn't have survived this long if they didn't understand that.

Don't be surprised if Nintendo goes portable only after the Wii U, because its probably whats going to happen

LOL! Imagine if Nintendo concentrates only on handhelds they can create the ultimate handheld gaming console. Hardware of vita(or better) + a lot of support from 3rd party developers (which 3ds enjoys right now) = Pure awesomeness.
---
Mess with the best, die like the rest..
#38adroge01Posted 2/26/2013 8:08:55 AM
People have such short memories. When the 3DS came out most trolls were saying "Flop, floppity flop, Nintendo needs to get out of the handheld business... flop. Hah haaaa!". Yet it didn't, and now everyone is saying Nintendo needs to focus on only the 3DS because it's doing well.

It's going to be the same thing with the WiiU. Just like with the 3DS, once more games come out, trolls will start to quiet down and troll something else.

Nintendo isn't going away, and in the worst case, I'm sure Nintendo already has a plan.

When any console first comes out, it doesn't have that many games. It takes time for any new console to establish itself.
#39thundercat2600Posted 2/26/2013 8:09:55 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...

They won't sit back and wait for it to crumble. They will go kicking and screaming as they fade off into irrelevance.

We've heard the same thing about companies like Dell, HP, Palm, Blackberry, etc. "They're still profitable", "they have a lot of money in the bank", "they won't give up that easily", etc. were common things to hear about those companies.

It's VERY hard to recover once a company is in a downward spiral. Nintendo got extremely lucky with the Wii. I wouldn't bet on it happening again.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#40AnclationPosted 2/26/2013 8:11:50 AM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
I thought the poll results were pretty modest, considering GameFAQs in general is Sonyville.

This. I expected a lot more people to have jumped on the "NintenDoomed!!!" bandwagon by now.