More than 50% of Gfaqs things Nintendo might become software only...

#41TheTrueNubPosted 2/26/2013 8:14:38 AM
LurkerLord posted...
What will probably happen next gen, is Nintendo makes a handheld that can also be played on the TV. It would be a home console and portable in one device.

Yeah I kind of agree with you here, they seem to be going in that direction.

Nintendo will probably merge their console and handhelds into one awesome platform. In fact, the more I think about this the better it sounds. Imagine all the games. Think of the 3DS library right now.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#42Boomerang78Posted 2/26/2013 8:17:05 AM
Just another topic that has a bunch of people trying to be analysts. If any of you guys were accurate, I'd tell you to seek a job at Nintendo.
---
http://i.imgur.com/yD9N0.gif
#43MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 8:19:40 AM
thundercat2600 posted...

It's VERY hard to recover once a company is in a downward spiral. Nintendo got extremely lucky with the Wii. I wouldn't bet on it happening again.

Given people have been announcing the end of Nintendo since the N64 days, I guess they're just extremely lucky in general. How many times has Nintendo supposedly died, now?
#44_FalstaffPosted 2/26/2013 8:33:38 AM
The majority is not always correct.
---
9 days to go, and I'm out of here.
#45jakestar0306Posted 2/26/2013 8:37:37 AM
Terotrous posted...
OP should have been:

"In a related study more than 50% of Gfaqs is stupid".

---
Mega Man Powered Up is the best PSP exclusive and you know it.
#46MetroidJunkiePosted 2/26/2013 8:39:25 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

The only reason the Wii didn't do Nintendo in was because it sold enough to keep them afloat for years. But the Wii U is not selling remotely like that, so they need actual ****ing GAMES this time. 6 year software drought with a babby trickle of titles will not cut it this time. People aren't buying the Wii U, because it has nothing to offer in software and nobody gives a damn about the gimmick this time.

The shareholders run the company these days and if it continues to do so poorly, they will probably kill support for the system early and focus on the only division thats done well consistently, the portables. Don't be too surprised when it happens.

If that's the case, then Sony won't last much longer because their profits will be corroded by their expensive hardware that's selling at a loss. Nintendo's doing much better than Sony so, by your standard, Sony is damned if Nintendo's in trouble.
#47Cable_mvc2Posted 2/26/2013 8:41:10 AM(edited)
I think there's no question they will. They can't take the massive hits of poor sales like Sony or Microsoft could . Nintendo is a much smaller company that thrives off strictly its gaming consoles.

The handheld market is slowing down and is only going to get worse. A couple of poor selling major consoles would knock them right out, especially when you consider the massive risks they take trying to figure out and innovate new ways to play that might not pan out.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a possibility is just a fool in denial.

---
Superman owned Goku in death battle, Deal wit it.
#48XRay2984Posted 2/26/2013 8:42:54 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
I don't think the naysayers understand how business works. Nintendo has enough funds to survive atleast four or five Virtual Boys and the Wii U will certainly perform much better than that. I'm sure even the most pessimistic Anti-Wii U goer will acknowledge the Wii U will have far more success than the Virtual Boy did. Nintendo would have to have multiple complete failures in a row for for it to actually do significant damage to them and they're not nearly so stupid. If something doesn't work, they seek to fix it, they wouldn't have survived this long if they didn't understand that.

Thank you - someone with a bit of common sense.
---
"A woman is like an... artichoke. You must do a bit of work before you can get to her heart."
~Inspector Jacques Clouseau
#49icarus231Posted 2/26/2013 8:47:28 AM
Cable_mvc2 posted...
I think there's no question they will. They can't take the massive hits of poor sales like Sony or Microsoft could . Nintendo is a much smaller company that thrives off strictly its gaming consoles.

The handheld market is slowing down and is only going to get worse. A couple of poor selling major consoles would knock them right out, especially when you consider the massive risks they take trying to figure out and innovate new ways to play that might not pan out.

Anyone who thinks this isn't a possibility is just a fool in denial.

Sony will be the first to go.
#50ballermat982Posted 2/26/2013 8:50:18 AM
90 million Wii's sold.

150 million DS's sold.

Conclusion: Nintendo might become software only.

Anyone else see a problem with this logic?