More than 50% of Gfaqs things Nintendo might become software only...

#91nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 11:23:07 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
Even if the majority thinks only for consoles...

But seriously, that's major fail. It just shows the majority of users on this site has no idea about what makes a company run & survive. Unlike Sony & MS, Nintendo doesn't need to sell 50+ million to make a profit -__-

It only took 1 bad console to crash Segas hardware division. Nintendo has a lot in reserves, but they seem to have misstepped with WiiU. I don't think Nintendo will go out of the console business this gen, but 1 more mistake and I think thats it.

Or, they could massive price drop yet again, which would move lots of units but permanently damage their chances of any future early adopters. If Sony comes in at $399 for the base PS4 model Nintendo will HAVE to slash prices.

Actually, Sega made a lot of bad business decisions. By the time the Dreamcast released, almost no one had faith in them anymore. After the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn being released so quickly one after another and then abandoned... that's really not surprising.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#92DynheartPosted 2/26/2013 11:32:36 AM
Natureboy99 posted...
Even if the majority thinks only for consoles...

But seriously, that's major fail. It just shows the majority of users on this site has no idea about what makes a company run & survive. Unlike Sony & MS, Nintendo doesn't need to sell 50+ million to make a profit -__-

It only took 1 bad console to crash Segas hardware division. Nintendo has a lot in reserves, but they seem to have misstepped with WiiU. I don't think Nintendo will go out of the console business this gen, but 1 more mistake and I think thats it.

Or, they could massive price drop yet again, which would move lots of units but permanently damage their chances of any future early adopters. If Sony comes in at $399 for the base PS4 model Nintendo will HAVE to slash prices.

Actually, Sega made a lot of bad business decisions. By the time the Dreamcast released, almost no one had faith in them anymore. After the Sega CD, 32X and Saturn being released so quickly one after another and then abandoned... that's really not surprising.

This. Sega didn't have one bad console release. It was a series of of quick releases that didn't catch on

Sega CD. 32X Saturn. Then the Dreamcast. Even though the Dreamcast was their best console outside the Genesis...they handled it poorly. That's 4 flops, in quick succession.
None of these gave them any type of return. Not even close to breaking even. The Dreamcast? The was their closest success since the Genesis, but that was still considered a commercial flop. Great system otherwise.

The Wii U wont turn into either of these system. Nintendo will eventually profit from the system...They just wont make out like bandits.
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil 5, NSMBU (4 star Profile)
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#93abdouPosted 2/26/2013 11:40:33 AM
Hahaha I remember all the DOOM crap around the PS3 launch aimed at SONY

now it's Nintendo's turn

people never learn
---
#94DiscostewSMPosted 2/26/2013 11:41:50 AM
The tower of Sega.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh68/mick_aka/addons.jpg
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#95myunihausenPosted 2/26/2013 11:42:56 AM
Nintendo has run so many other companies out of the business, they're not going to go out w/o a fight. They may not be the big dog like the snes/n64 days but they are drilling in an untapped market right now and if they can pull the sh@t together and strike oil they'll be back on top, which is also a wise move since if they don't find their own corner they will always have to compete with Sony and Microsoft who don't even need the console sales to fund them.

Sadly I do not like their new systems and will not purchase them, I myself am into more of the traditional video game and not this jumping around having to deal with motion detector bugs gaming.
#96drclaeysPosted 2/26/2013 11:43:49 AM
Friends,

Wii's were big sellers. You could not find one of those silly things in the stores. now its 2013, Ps4 specs are out... xbox 720 is soon, and Wii U is out. it seems like wii U is not selling. Those other two will KILL it.

Back in the Day, everyone has a nint or super nint. But times have changed.

For handhelds, everyone will go to there phones, for that. dont need ANOTHER thing in your pocket.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#97IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/26/2013 11:44:37 AM
That's kind of crazy since this place is called Nintenfaqs for a reason
---
Posted using GameFlux
#98Tsutarja495Posted 2/26/2013 11:45:45 AM
I don't see that in the poll. Most people voted either they will keep going with home and handheld, or going handheld only. Only like 15% voted the software only options.
#99xOmniCloudxPosted 2/26/2013 11:46:05 AM
Obsidus posted...
I really, truly wish (and think it would be the most intelligent financial idea in the long run) that Nintendo would drop out of the console business, keep making Gameboy, and then hawk their first party games to other companies. All of their financial issues would go goodbye, and they command enough respect and are lucrative enough that they wouldn't lose huge amounts of freedom either. Really, at this point it's seeming more and more like bald faced obstinacy and ravenous fanboyism that keeps this from sinking in.

All of this. I see them as the modern day SEGA just with an actual good handheld market. Although I'd take SEGA coming back to the console race over Nintendo staying any day.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#100Damian_KainPosted 2/26/2013 11:46:17 AM
Obsidus posted...
I really, truly wish (and think it would be the most intelligent financial idea in the long run) that Nintendo would drop out of the console business, keep making Gameboy, and then hawk their first party games to other companies. All of their financial issues would go goodbye, and they command enough respect and are lucrative enough that they wouldn't lose huge amounts of freedom either. Really, at this point it's seeming more and more like bald faced obstinacy and ravenous fanboyism that keeps this from sinking in.

I have to hand it to you. At least you are honest. Most vocal people do not like Nintendo and that is why we are in the place we are now. I see so much hate for them from Sony and MS fans it boggles my mind. But once again most Nintendo fans are old enough to see that this is buisness as usual it starts this way every Nintendo generation and I honestly think it will stay this way. The Wii-U sold what 56-57000 consoles last month and they have released how many games? Mind you of course that (unless I am mistaken, if I am please someone correct me) that was in the US only. We need games on a system and very few sales before I would go on the line and say something is doomed.
---
MHTri ID:QFBXWZ
For you, the day Bison graced your village, was the most important day of your life, but for me, it was.... Tuesday.