Trading in my 360 today, should I get the Wii U?

#1smkorvettePosted 2/26/2013 9:54:15 AM
Hello,

I recently realized that I'm getting pretty sick of traditional console gaming these days, it seems to be filled only with bland FPS and it's getting old...

I figured I'm going to trade in my xbox and take advantage of the extra $50 gamestop is offering currently, and might possibly pick up the Wii U.

Always been a fan of Nintendo (currently have 3ds) but haven't owned a console since my Wii broke about 5 years ago, so just a few questions..

1. It it worth the price tag currently or do you think there will be a drop soon?
2. Are there any games out currently that make the system a must have yet?
3. Are the new gamepads a lot of fun or do they seem to be more of a gimmick? I can see a lot of potential out of them in the future, just not sure how they play right now as I haven't gotten the chance to play a Wii U yet.

Any other info or advice is appreciated.
---
3DS FC: 5327-1465-0004
Always looking for new friends
#2Virus66Posted 2/26/2013 9:56:41 AM
Anyone know how much the normal trade in price of the 360 is? I have a 360 that hasnt been used in almost a year so I might as well trade it is if I can get about 100 bucks for it.
---
PSN: JVir NNID: Jayvir
These days, all the kids are playing M rated games while the adults are lining up for Pokemon. Which game is a kid's game now?
#3laxnd23Posted 2/26/2013 9:56:54 AM
While I'd love to recommend a Wii U, I'd say get a PS3. The Xbox is a Western machine in every way, but the PS3 has a bunch of Japanese games available for it.

The only reason I'm advising against the Wii U is because, at least to me, the Wii U doesn't have enough games at this moment to warrant a purchase, especially if you already have a 360 or PS3. If you wait 1 or 2 months, then I say get the Wii U.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#4Rasputin77Posted 2/26/2013 10:00:43 AM
^ Very well put, laxnd23.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#5bleedingelitePosted 2/26/2013 10:00:52 AM
Well, if you're sick of gaming then trade in your xbox and get a ps3. You won't even feel like turning it on most of the time, so you will be getting away from the traditional gaming experience. Also, it plays blu ray movies!
#6OMG_AIDSPosted 2/26/2013 10:02:57 AM
1.I think it's well worth it, especially if you pick up the recently released ZombiU bundle. And I don't see a price drop any time soon.
2. ZombiU was a must play for me.
3. One of the best features of the gamepad is off-tv play. I love layin on the couch or bed and playing on the gamepad. As for in game features it varies between games but I thought ZombiU did a great job of implementing the pad.

The console is in a bit of a dry spell when it comes to game releases but at the end of the March three quality games are being released. Hopefully we'll get release info for some April/May titles soon.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#7Hercik1Posted 2/26/2013 10:03:46 AM
1. If there is a price drop it won't be until Christmas time or next year.
2. The only must have game is Mario u right now. It has a lot of must have first party and second party games in development right now but they won't be released till later this year or next year. Won't find out till e3 when they announce release dates.
I would personally wait till Christmas and get a bundle if you could.
3. Some games use it as a gimmick but for other games it is actually a cool device.
#8Chewy247Posted 2/26/2013 10:13:25 AM
Just stick to retro consoles.
---
WRESTLEMANIA 29Who will go toe to toe with The Great One?
#9DarkAdonis123Posted 2/26/2013 10:19:11 AM
There's very little to play on the Wii U. People are making topics about Lego City Undercover being the systems savior. They're that desperate to play something that isn't a Wii game or indie eShop title. Just get a PS3. Check back with the Wii U in a year.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#10tigg06Posted 2/26/2013 10:23:07 AM
Virus66 posted...
Anyone know how much the normal trade in price of the 360 is? I have a 360 that hasnt been used in almost a year so I might as well trade it is if I can get about 100 bucks for it.

I was in GS the other week paying off my MH for wii u and buying a couple vita games and some guy was trading in a 360 ( not sure which model slim or classic white cause i didn't see the console itself) but he got like $70 store credit for it >< but i would call and check or go by