Trading in my 360 today, should I get the Wii U?

#11RoyMaster4Posted 2/26/2013 10:23:57 AM
So you haven't played the Wii in 5 years? Pick up a Wii U and start going through the old Wii exclusives. So much there...
---
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198023511833
Pokemon White FC: 1420-6147-6059
#12Linkz1Posted 2/26/2013 10:28:20 AM
There's a new free app for a limited time. Wii Street U lets you travel all over the world like Japan, France, Ireland, Canada, Hawaii as long they have blue areas to walk. There are Tours including the White House (you can walk inside) and the Nintendo Headquarters of America & Japan are there to see. I can't stop traveling the world. I saw some sheep in Ireland and these had blue on top of their heads. The world is full of surprises. I'll take months or years to travel all over the world.
#13shaunmePosted 2/26/2013 10:33:21 AM
No, get a 3ds XL and the following AWESOME games

Mario kart 7
Mario 3d land
Professor Layton miracle mask
Mario open tennis
Ocarina of time
Ghost recon
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#14IloveElitePosted 2/26/2013 10:33:30 AM
Linkz1 posted...
There's a new free app for a limited time. Wii Street U lets you travel all over the world like Japan, France, Ireland, Canada, Hawaii as long they have blue areas to walk. There are Tours including the White House (you can walk inside) and the Nintendo Headquarters of America & Japan are there to see. I can't stop traveling the world. I saw some sheep in Ireland and these had blue on top of their heads. The world is full of surprises. I'll take months or years to travel all over the world.

Wow how thrilling zzzzzzZZZ.

If I wanted to see outside, I'd open the front door :P

If the TC isn't trolling then my answer is no, don't buy one right now.
Also there are a lot of good xbox games that aren't fps games.
ie: Skyrim, Hitman, Amalur, Dragonage, X-Com, Witcher 2, Fable series, Forza series, Wings of Steel and 100's more.
#15ADHDguitarPosted 2/26/2013 10:35:23 AM
Nintendo fan you say?

Do it. Or wait for a price drop and more games.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#16shaunmePosted 2/26/2013 10:37:15 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Nintendo fan you say?

tons of Nintendo Wii U games out right now isn't there? Drones will say anything to sell a console.
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb ram // 3x MSI GTX 680 sli // 1tb HD//W8pro//NNID shaunme1//PSN poselecta//XBL CursiveA//STEAM shaunmelwell//
#17Natureboy99Posted 2/26/2013 10:44:37 AM
smkorvette posted...

1. It it worth the price tag currently or do you think there will be a drop soon?
2. Are there any games out currently that make the system a must have yet?
3. Are the new gamepads a lot of fun or do they seem to be more of a gimmick?

1. Yes I think it will price drop this year.
2. Opinion: no. But later this year the argument gets stronger, especially with price cut.
3. Both, like the Wii remote. It depends on the game.

With the 720 reveal so close, and E3 so close, I think the only safe platform to buy right now (IE no threat of price drop or new hardware) is 3DS. If you are sick of shooters do more research on PS3. It has the most high quality non-shooters out there IMO. Check out Journey, Unfinished Swan, Flower, Littlebigplanet, Sound Shapes, and others. Sony does a bad job advertising this side of their ecosystem, which I think is their strong suit.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#18Hirokey123Posted 2/26/2013 10:46:51 AM
I will say the gamepad is probably the most comfortable controler I've used, maybe I just have large hands but the gamepad just feels the perfect size if only it was a tad more functional in design.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#19cancerboy87Posted 2/26/2013 10:47:44 AM
RoyMaster4 posted...
So you haven't played the Wii in 5 years? Pick up a Wii U and start going through the old Wii exclusives. So much there...

this is what im doing and I honestly wont have enough time to play all the ones i want to, especially with MH on the horizon!
---
"Naruto isn't a ninja. He is a mage, why do you think he is able to do all those spells."-StupidMofoz
PSN: MrsCliffton NNID: pmw3505
#20DDP886Posted 2/26/2013 10:49:18 AM
ADHDguitar posted...
Nintendo fan you say?

This, the wii u has no games
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYRangers; Bring this cup back to where it belongs