People Complaining About the Wii U...

#1JaivfromONMPosted 2/26/2013 12:30:00 PM
People on the internet really don't know what they are talking about!

Firstly, I have seen dozens of posts and websites claiming the Wii U 'isn't next-gen'. The thing is, it IS next-gen. The saying "Next-Gen" refers to the continuation of a companies consoles, NOT its power and capabilities. For example, if the Xbox 720 was less powerful than the 360, it would still be "Next-gen" as it is in the continuing generation of consoles.

Secondly, I don't understand how people can say the Wii U is a flop and a failure. The system hasn't even been out for 6 months!!! Yes the sales in the past few months have not been as good as poeple would have hoped but that small amount of data isn't enough to say the whole console is a failure. We haven't even seen the full capabilities of the console yet, the only game that kind of pushed the system to its limits was ZombiU.

Thirdly, people who say that once the PS4/Nextbox come out the Wii U will be forgotten about really don't know what they are on about. The console will not be forgotten about as once the rest of this generations consoles have been released, Nintendo will have a lot more first/second party exclusives available for purchase. For example, by December 2013, we should have Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, news of a 3D Mario and Mario Kart game, and we will also have the new Super Smash Bros games to look forward to.

Finally, people say the Wii U's sales will drop even further once the other consoles are released. Again, they have no idea. First of all, look at my previous points, the Wii U will have plenty of games that will push the sales, secondly, the Wii U had weak launch sales due to a lack of games. The only current good games worthy of getting is New Super Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land and ZombiU. What will the PS4 and Nextbox have at launch? I doubt the Nextbox will have any great exclusives to push the launch and same with the PS4. PS4 will probably just have InFamous: Second Son, Knack and that new Move game. And I don't think that Bungie can produce a new Halo game in the next year. The only games the consoles will have will be games that are available on other platforms. This was the problem with the Wii U and this will more than likely be the same with the next few consoles.

So that's my thoughts, responses?
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
Sub me on Youtube: JaivfromONM
#2Rasputin77Posted 2/26/2013 12:46:30 PM
People on the internet really don't know what they are talking about!

How about people in general? The average IQ is barely over 100. You'll have a much better time berating and poking fun of these people than you will placating their drivel.

Besides, ignorance is bliss. Mix together the aspects of adolescence, anonymity, and e-peen... and all you have is a recipe for nerd banter achieving zero results.

You're really just talking about conflicts of opinion, anyway. Everyday schtuff, mang.
---
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
#3The_BoredomsPosted 2/26/2013 12:52:25 PM
You moved into pure speculation in that last paragraph, which puts you bang in league with people who can't possibly know what they're talking about.
#4JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:15:04 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
You moved into pure speculation in that last paragraph, which puts you bang in league with people who can't possibly know what they're talking about.

i wasn't speculating, i was explaining the poor sales of Wii U by using the PS4/Nextbox as examples. but it's true that a similar thing will happen if there are no proper exclusives
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
#5The_BoredomsPosted 2/26/2013 1:16:36 PM
If.
#6Ghost-inZeShellPosted 2/26/2013 1:19:24 PM
I have NintendoLand and ZombiU.

NintendoLand is only fun when you have other people to play with you, and I find ZombiU's permadeath a bit depressing.

Where are my (launch window) Pikmin that I bought the system for in the first place?

Answer me that, TC!
#7JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:27:00 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...

NintendoLand is only fun when you have other people to play with you, and I find ZombiU's permadeath a bit depressing.

Where are my (launch window) Pikmin that I bought the system for in the first place?

Answer me that, TC!

Nintendo announced they were delaying many launch window games until the Q2 2013
---
#8JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 1:28:39 PM
The_Boredoms posted...
If.

Ok sorry about that. You were right, that is mainly speculation but you must agree with me that it has a high chance of happening.
---
#9Elem187Posted 2/26/2013 1:32:41 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...

Answer me that, TC!

ZombiU is aces... After beating twice on normal, I'm trying to beat it on survior. Very frustrating. But hard games are far more fun then first person shooters, so I'm having a blast.
#10MastadiPosted 2/26/2013 1:54:30 PM
JaivfromONM posted...
So that's my thoughts, responses?

Wii U is not really a good console. It lacks in good games other than the standard Nintendo lineup. I mean, there's Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin, Lego City: Undercover, ZombiU... and that's about it, really. You're claiming it's early in the lifecycle, but what does it matter? At the moment, the console is bad. It might get better in the future, but nobody can really tell, and the developers don't seem to really like the system too much.

The major issue with the WiiU is the fact that it is almost completely reliant on exclusives - due to its inferior hardware, multiplatform titles tend to be worse on the WiiU. Wii made up for it by being quite unique with its motion control which at the time was new and exciting, even if underutilised to some extent. WiiU doesn't have anything like that, and it shows in its poor sales. Combined with the poor system capabilities, it just doesn't really have anything making it stand out as a piece of hardware.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.