People Complaining About the Wii U...

#11JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:12:44 PM
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...
So that's my thoughts, responses?

Wii U is not really a good console. It lacks in good games other than the standard Nintendo lineup. I mean, there's Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin, Lego City: Undercover, ZombiU... and that's about it, really. You're claiming it's early in the lifecycle, but what does it matter? At the moment, the console is bad. It might get better in the future, but nobody can really tell, and the developers don't seem to really like the system too much.

The major issue with the WiiU is the fact that it is almost completely reliant on exclusives - due to its inferior hardware, multiplatform titles tend to be worse on the WiiU. Wii made up for it by being quite unique with its motion control which at the time was new and exciting, even if underutilised to some extent. WiiU doesn't have anything like that, and it shows in its poor sales. Combined with the poor system capabilities, it just doesn't really have anything making it stand out as a piece of hardware.

Being early in the cycle makes a lot of difference, no developers have pushed the system to its limits. Also the hardware isn't inferior? and many developers prefer the Wii U to the PS4, 25 developers have dropped products on PS4 since the conference last week.
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
Sub me on Youtube: JaivfromONM
#12Jonnyd108Posted 2/26/2013 2:27:22 PM
The Wii wasn't "next gen" to a lot of people when it launched and it did fine. Nintendo isn't going away anytime soon.
---
All that phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust...
PSN: ButtersThaatsMe WiiU: JonnyD Xbox: JonnyD1080
#13MastadiPosted 2/26/2013 2:35:02 PM
JaivfromONM posted...
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...

Wii U is not really a good console. It lacks in good games other than the standard Nintendo lineup. I mean, there's Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Pikmin, Lego City: Undercover, ZombiU... and that's about it, really. You're claiming it's early in the lifecycle, but what does it matter? At the moment, the console is bad. It might get better in the future, but nobody can really tell, and the developers don't seem to really like the system too much.

The major issue with the WiiU is the fact that it is almost completely reliant on exclusives - due to its inferior hardware, multiplatform titles tend to be worse on the WiiU. Wii made up for it by being quite unique with its motion control which at the time was new and exciting, even if underutilised to some extent. WiiU doesn't have anything like that, and it shows in its poor sales. Combined with the poor system capabilities, it just doesn't really have anything making it stand out as a piece of hardware.

Being early in the cycle makes a lot of difference, no developers have pushed the system to its limits. Also the hardware isn't inferior? and many developers prefer the Wii U to the PS4, 25 developers have dropped products on PS4 since the conference last week.

It doesn't make a difference for a consumer. It's silly to buy a console with very few games of interest, and not that many prospects in the future.

Don't kid yourself. The hardware is at most comparable with current gen consoles, and from what we've seen, rather inferior to the next gens.

And the list has been revised because Sony included studios which hadn't yet decided to develop for the PS4 in the original version. That doesn't mean they won't in the future. Wii U has had developers speaking out about how it simply lacks processing power for the games they have in mind.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#14JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 2:44:23 PM
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...

It doesn't make a difference for a consumer. It's silly to buy a console with very few games of interest, and not that many prospects in the future.

Don't kid yourself. The hardware is at most comparable with current gen consoles, and from what we've seen, rather inferior to the next gens.

And the list has been revised because Sony included studios which hadn't yet decided to develop for the PS4 in the original version. That doesn't mean they won't in the future. Wii U has had developers speaking out about how it simply lacks processing power for the games they have in mind.

thats true, but as long as there are the usual great exclusives and they come out at a regular rate the console will sell
---
Add me on the Nintendo Network, Playstation Network and Nintendo 3DS. Happy to play!
#15MastadiPosted 2/26/2013 2:45:13 PM
JaivfromONM posted...
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...

thats true, but as long as there are the usual great exclusives and they come out at a regular rate the console will sell

That doesn't mean it's a good console.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#16JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 3:26:53 PM
Mastadi posted...

Yes it does. Its the games that make a console good, not its hardware capabilities. If a console had really weak power but great games it would be regarded as a good console.
---
#17MastadiPosted 2/26/2013 4:25:38 PM
JaivfromONM posted...
Mastadi posted...

Yes it does. Its the games that make a console good, not its hardware capabilities. If a console had really weak power but great games it would be regarded as a good console.

It has a limited quantity of good games very similar to what has been released in the past. That doesn't mean it's a good console. Nintendo has always supported its consoles with an arguably solid first-party lineup, but the fact that it lacks in third-party games and the first-party titles are same old. There's little reason to buy a WiiU for anyone who has owned a recent Nintendo console, unless they're really huge fans of their games.
---
#18JaivfromONM(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 11:39:25 PM
Mastadi posted...
JaivfromONM posted...
Mastadi posted...

It has a limited quantity of good games very similar to what has been released in the past. That doesn't mean it's a good console. Nintendo has always supported its consoles with an arguably solid first-party lineup, but the fact that it lacks in third-party games and the first-party titles are same old. There's little reason to buy a WiiU for anyone who has owned a recent Nintendo console, unless they're really huge fans of their games.

That's because it just recently came out. Remember with the original Wii, we had to wait for all the good games. Same thing with the Wii U.
---
#19Ghost-inZeShellPosted 2/27/2013 7:27:09 AM
JaivfromONM posted...
Nintendo announced they were delaying many launch window games until the Q2 2013

But what good does that do me!!!

I have a Wii U, and it's staving to death.
#20Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/27/2013 7:41:46 AM(edited)
Well if Nintendo decided to release something such his Donkey Kong game & watch this year,

http://img.pr0gramm.com/2009/06/original-game-and-watch-donkey-kong-nintendo.png

Sane people will not call it next gen, it just a recycled and a reused ancient technology.

The reassurance is really thick in this thread/ topic.