You know, Nintendo hardware really holds its software back.

#1CelestialMindPosted 2/26/2013 2:04:29 PM
I am saddened to see Nintendo's great IPs held back by terrible hardware.

It is in the best interests of everyone, especially Nintendo fanboys that Nintendo goes 3rd party. If you are a true Nintendo fan (not those fake console fanboy idiots that don't even play games, just defend their hardware) you should want it to go 3rd party.
#2SuperMario91Posted 2/26/2013 2:05:30 PM
I agree
---
White FC: 0604 6141 7104
#3Beatperson14Posted 2/26/2013 2:05:55 PM
Agreed holy crap. PARDON ME if I want the next Mario to be GOOD
#4FuNsH1nEPosted 2/26/2013 2:06:12 PM
Thank you for letting us know how we (everyone besides yourself) feel
#5TAoRPosted 2/26/2013 2:06:51 PM
Nah
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#6the_cajun88Posted 2/26/2013 2:08:40 PM
The games won't play that much differently with increased resolution and processing power.

Mario's going to jump on Goombas. How defined does the little "100" that pops up need to be?
---
The University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i40.tinypic.com/10p3kmw.jpg
#7muffinmasherPosted 2/26/2013 2:09:12 PM
Not a fanboy, but this idea is silly.
Nintendo games have never been extremely hardware intensive. The gameplay is what sets these games apart from the rest. Nobody plays Mario primarily because of how amazingly detailed his plumber pants are, they play because they want to make him jump and run around a lively world.
In addition, going 3rd party would be a disaster for ANY of the big 3 companies. More competition means better prices and quality games for gamers.
Less companies creating consoles means everyone loses.
---
Black 2 FC: 3654 8353 8201
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#8Prince ShondronaiPosted 2/26/2013 2:09:55 PM
I felt the same way about everyone's games on the PS2. No one agreed with me then, though, strangely enough.

Still, I'm a little older and a little wiser now, and I can see the industry would be better off with smaller leaps in hardware power. The demise of so many talented development studios who pushed themselves too hard on HD game development this gen proved that to me.

Overall I enjoy the technically-impressive feats of graphical magic developers come up with, but I wish the cost (both literal and figurative) wasn't so high sometimes.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#9KAMMYqueenPosted 2/26/2013 2:10:13 PM
CelestialMind posted...
I am saddened to see Nintendo's great IPs held back by terrible hardware.

It is in the best interests of everyone, especially Nintendo fanboys that Nintendo goes 3rd party. If you are a true Nintendo fan (not those fake console fanboy idiots that don't even play games, just defend their hardware) you should want it to go 3rd party.

http://www.ragetrolling.com/Cool-Story-Bro
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#10Kentaro21Posted 2/26/2013 2:12:04 PM
It does? I was too busy having fun to notice.