Important fact why Metroid Prime 4 MAY be Retro's game at E3 2013

#31DrkVrtxPosted 2/27/2013 2:46:33 AM
Prime is the pinnacle of the Metroid series, personally. But as I've said in other places, I think all console Metroids should be done in the style of the Prime series (FPAs), and handheld Metroids should be 2D.
#32sonicsonicPosted 2/27/2013 2:57:37 AM
AceMos posted...
and if the rumors prove to be false ppl will get upset and angry over there own false hope bound by nothing

Pretty sure Reggie said that Retro were working on a fan favourite franchise that hasn't been seen for a while. Only two IP's that fit that are F-Zero and Starfox. Mario Kart is at E3 so they won't bring F-Zero back to compete with Mario Kart. So that leaves Starfox.

There's also the fact about how the 3DS got Starfox 64 as a launch title. As if they wanted to re/introduce people to Starfox.

It's not gonna be Prime 4. We've seen three Prime games and a Trilogy edition. Prime 4 could happen, but not now.
#33GensokyoPosted 2/27/2013 4:36:29 AM
IIRC, they said before the release of MP3:C that it would be the last game in the Prime series.

There may very well be more Metroid games in the same style as Prime, but I doubt it'll be in the Prime series.
#34trenkenPosted 2/27/2013 5:01:36 AM(edited)
If they make a MP4 it will solidify everything I thought about this company, no ability to do anything new. Might as well just make a Mario Galaxy 3, or just remake some GC game like WW. Oh... wait... they ARE doing that!

Really looking forward to MP4, Galaxy 3 and NSMB5. Gonna be a thrilling couples years. It will feel just as amazing and when MP1 was first released! >_>
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#35DinglesteedPosted 2/27/2013 6:03:24 AM
I'm 90% sure it's a Star Fox game.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#36darkjedilinkPosted 2/27/2013 6:04:41 AM
YoyokuKO posted...
darkjedilink posted...
YoyokuKO posted...
please stop retro
i've really grown to dislike the linear fps retro molded metroid into.

at least OM was different.

it completely degraded after prime 1.

'linear fps...'

You've never played a Prime game, have you?

There's nothing linear about them. Other M is the linear one.

i've played every metroid sans hunter.
i don't think you realize the difference between prime 1, 2, and 3.

1 was true to the formula
2 began waning with annoying level design
3 had a completely useless ship mechanic and even a raid mission.

And none of them were linear in any way.

You actually put the only truly linear game ABOVE them, while complaining about them being linear.

And, yes, I know the differences between them - I've played them all individually multiple times, and currently own Trilogy.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie