I just spent all day playing Metroid Prime

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I just spent all day playing Metroid Prime

User Info: Based_Shad

4 years ago#1
Wonderful game. Hope Retro makes the next game like it. I would accept more platforming though.
Let's just all get along and be peaceful before someone gets trolled.

User Info: Grave_Joker

4 years ago#2
Its my favorite out of all the metroids. Even though i never played prime 2 and 3
NNID: GraveJoker
PSN: TheGraveJoker

User Info: Dinglesteed

4 years ago#3
I love any Metroid game. Probably my favorite series, with only the original Splinter Cell trilogy even coming close (Double Agent, Conviction are bad imo).

I would def. give Super Metroid my favorite in the series but the Primes are all near the top. I actually just found a copy of the Wii trilogy at gamestop a few weeks ago. Was so excited to finally find one lol.
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, BF3, WoW, EVE Online, NHL 13

User Info: Tsutarja495

4 years ago#4
I can't get into it since I don't like first person, even if it is great. I prefer the 2D Metroids by far.

User Info: SoaringDive

4 years ago#5
Metroid Prime is a great, well designed game, although personally I didn't like it very much, especially compared to Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and the general gameplay of Other M.
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive

User Info: Pendragoon

4 years ago#6
I played through it last summer, it was amazing how well the game still holds up. I played it on the Gamecube, the Wii version just can't compete with how well the game plays on the Cube.
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!

User Info: SlimeSwayze

4 years ago#7
Still the best game I've ever plated. The level design, audio and visual design, the atmosphere, setting, controls, pacing--all of it is about as close to perfect as I've seen in a video game. Amazingly enough, the sequel was better in some ways (though worse in others). I was not a fan of the Wii controls, and I no longer own a Gamecube, so I hope to see a re-release of at least the first two Metroid Prime games on the Wii U.
Currently Playing: Too many to report.

User Info: Soanevalcke6

4 years ago#8
Metroid Prime Trilogy is very similar in every way except perspective to Super Metroid, Metoid Fusion, Metroid: Zero Mission. You should play those.
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6

User Info: TheTrueNub

4 years ago#9
Absolutely superb game.

It and Super Metroid are some of my favorite games of all time.
Keep calm and hee-ho

User Info: McQwark

4 years ago#10
Grave_Joker posted...
Its my favorite out of all the metroids. Even though i never played prime 2 and 3

I love the first one. The Echoes was good but I could only play through it once. Corruption I absolutely loved. It's unfortunate that the Metroid Prime collection is so difficult to get now, I would highly recommend it.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. I just spent all day playing Metroid Prime

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived