Have you ever had a year mostly dedicated to one game/series/system?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever had a year mostly dedicated to one game/series/system?

User Info: sketchturner

sketchturner
3 years ago#1
Normally I play a broad spectrum of games, but I have had a few years mostly defined by certain games.

2007: The year of Metroid. I beat the entire series of games and went from disliking Metroid to it being my favorite game series.

2011: The year of Mega Man. I played Mega Man for the first time ever, despite growing up in the NES days. I beat 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, X, and X2.

2012: The year of PS2 and Castlevania. I never owned a Sony system, so I bought a PS2 and about 30 PS1/PS2 games. Plus I played the Castlevania series for the first time. I beat Rondo of Blood, Super Castlevania IV, Symphony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, and Aria of Sorrow.

2013: The year of N64 nostalgia. This has been [and will continue to be] an N64 reunion year for me. Rebought an N64 after selling it years ago. Now I'm replaying all the games I loved as a teenager.
Now Playing:Bio-Miracle, Body Harvest, Contra Rebirth, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Goldeneye, Robotron 64

User Info: CSplitter

CSplitter
3 years ago#2
2008-9-10 was all about Monster Hunter.

3000 hours on MHF2,MHFU and Tri.Other than that, Pokemon back 2006 and quite a bit in 2011. I played lots of games during those times but they acted as a break from MH and Pokemon.
~.~

User Info: cucumberking

cucumberking
3 years ago#3
The year I got Tales of Symphonia. I beat it like five times in a row. Best game I've ever played.

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
3 years ago#4
Sure. 2007 through 2012 was all PS3, and 2012 through today has been revisiting arcade machines and working towards setting records.
GameFAQs defintion of 'White Knight': Someone who made you realize you can't handle valid points or honest opinions if they come from certain posters.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Have you ever had a year mostly dedicated to one game/series/system?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived