What makes a bad console ?

#11_Sovereign_Posted 2/27/2013 2:44:58 PM
Well, the PS3 has never truly lived up to what it was supposed to do, nor has the 360 ( even though they started last year).

The U hasn't been out long enough to say

The Wii never utilized 1-2 functions

PS2, GC, DC fumbled with online play

Honestly what makes a bad console is poor implementation of features or lack thereof. The game library does not dictate whether a console is bad or not, nor does the community.
---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#12ILikesCheesePosted 2/28/2013 6:19:17 AM
_Sovereign_ posted...
PS2, GC, DC fumbled with online play

This isn't a failing of the consoles. Online Play was in its infancy at the beginning of the millennium. You do recall the days of dial-up internet instead of broadband, don't you?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#13vyseskiesPosted 2/28/2013 6:20:09 AM
no games + high price
---
Hail Monster Hunter Franchise! Hail One Piece!
<3
#14bleedingelitePosted 2/28/2013 6:23:45 AM
I don't think price has anything to do with it, because I have a good salary.

But the one thing that will make or break a console is the games. Not how many, but how good the ones that exist are. That's why Sony systems have been failing me for the past few years.
#15Xtreme-VoidPosted 2/28/2013 6:30:37 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
1) A console that launches with years old tech, which not only renders it obsolete on launch day, but not even an afterthought a few years later. And then continues to remain on the shelves a few years more until the next console cycle starts. The Wii would have fallen into the category if not for the killer app of motion controls and embracing of casual gaming for "everyone". Note - a poorly integrated and un-useful tablet controller does not a killer app make.

2) Bad games. Too few exclusives by first party, too much garbage by small time developers, and lack of third party support because publishers flock to more powerful systems.

3) Bad advertising.

RomaRangers posted...
A console is bad if it has:

- Weak third-party support
- internal hardware issues
- is overpriced
-Ugly design

All those things can make for a turrible console

pretty much all this
#16Rasputin77Posted 2/28/2013 6:33:57 AM
A "bad console" is one I don't like.

I don't let a lot of objective data and numbers and stats tell me whether a console is "bad" or not... they might tell me how successful the console is in terms of sales or popularity, but that's it.

I do this crazy little thing called "thinking for myself"... f***ing weird, right?
---
I love knowing exactly whose skin I get under the most. ;)