Year of Luigi should have a game where Mario is killed off. Rated T.

#1GooBacksBackPosted 2/27/2013 5:26:14 PM
Add a little darkness to the kiddy Nintendo image.

Have Mario get killed off and have Mushroom Kingdom beg for Luigi to be their new hero.

What? It's better than Nintendo's ideas.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 2/27/2013 5:34:17 PM
better than nintendo's ideas?
questionable

on par with teenage angst fanfiction?
yup
#3emagdnEPosted 2/27/2013 5:40:58 PM
how do you propose one kills Mario, exactly?

he can kill the ****ing Sun with a turtle shell, he killed a demon queen with a hammer, he can survive the cold void of space without specialized equipment, he can reduce castles to rubble with a few jumps

Mario is the most hardcore mother****er ever, it's going to take a LOT to kill him
---
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus
#4MATADOR480Posted 2/27/2013 5:44:31 PM
emagdnE posted...

he can kill the ****ing Sun with a turtle shell, he killed a demon queen with a hammer, he can survive the cold void of space without specialized equipment, he can reduce castles to rubble with a few jumps

Mario is the most hardcore mother****er ever, it's going to take a LOT to kill him

An arrow to the knee?
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#5SuperrpgmanPosted 2/27/2013 5:45:47 PM
I can honestly see how this would be pulled off.

Nintendo would make this big announement where they are making a T rated game where Bowser kills Mario, and it would be met with so much backlash that they hastily put together an extra 5 seconds to the ending where you find out that it's all a dream, ala SMB2!

Or better yet, they'll create a really cool looking cocept trailer for it, similar to the one that was supposed to be for the next Legend of Zelda oc the gamecube, and it gets so much praise, but then they make Mario: The Star Maker. Oh, and once again, Geno will not be involved, no matter how cool it will be! Oh, ans there will be as many new characters added to the Mario universe as Paper Mario: Sticker Star, you know, NONE!

Oh, and seriously, if Nintendo is gonna make Paper Mario as painfully formulaic as the Super Mario Galaxy and the NSMB games, then maybe we need to realize that there is no more reason to no longer believe that Nintendo is very lazily resting on its laurels with it's main ips.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#6SuperrpgmanPosted 2/27/2013 5:48:49 PM
Oh, and you can easily pull off your idea in an e rated game, you just need to kill Mario offscreen. Maybe show his cap flying around.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#7MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 2/27/2013 5:51:58 PM
"Year of Luigi should have a game where Mario is killed off. Rated T."

I'd rather watch him die from years and years of rehashing.
---
Proud owner of the Wii U!
#8ukokira1Posted 2/27/2013 5:54:53 PM
emagdnE posted...

Luigi's final smash + fire punch
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#9GooBacksBack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 6:03:18 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
better than nintendo's ideas?
questionable

on par with teenage angst fanfiction?
yup

No it's fact my idea is better than the princess gets kidnapped and saved by Mario.
#10Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/27/2013 6:10:19 PM
No. This is a terrible idea for a mario game. I'm all for Luigi being the star but Kill Mario? No.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT