Can you play Wii games online with WiiU?

#1NessEggmanPosted 2/27/2013 9:58:10 PM
So, I am thinking about getting a WIiU, and I just thought of something I hadn't considered before-- can you play your Wii games online with the WiiU? Because it would be really convenient to be able to play my Wii games at two different places... so a WiiU could really be a solution to that. So can I play Pokémon Battle Revolution, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Animal Crossing City Folk, and upload my high scores in Trauma Center: New Blood from the WiiU?

Also, is there anything that comes in the regular WiiU Deluxe bundle that does NOT come in the ZombiU deluxe bundle??
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#2cmincPosted 2/27/2013 10:03:07 PM
This is a good question. One that i will happily go into the next room to answer for you.

i'll be right back...
---
---
#3ADHDguitarPosted 2/27/2013 10:03:31 PM
Anything that doesn't require WiiConnect24, yes.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#4Thunderbird8Posted 2/27/2013 10:03:45 PM
All Wii games that use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection work as normal on the Wii U. You can't keep your saves in both places though (you can use the system transfer to move them from the Wii to the Wii U, but they can't be moved back).
#5senelcoolidge_Posted 2/27/2013 10:07:37 PM
A physical copy of Nintendo Land?
#6NekoSushiRiotPosted 2/27/2013 10:08:29 PM
The difference between the regular Deluxe bundle and the Zombi U one is mainly Nintendo Land.

Regular Deluxe - Nintendo Land Disc
Zombi U Deluxe - Nintendo Land Digital
---
Currently Playing: Arc Rise Fantasia, Fire Emblem Awakening
#7NessEggman(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2013 10:12:22 PM
Wow, thanks for the swift replies!

I didn't even think about the save files... Well, I certainly wouldn't mind replaying all my Wii games again on the WiiU to have files on both :) Well, at least the few I mentioned... I don't want to play Cooking Mama over again or sth LOL

Anyway, ANOTHER QUESTION!

Can you use the WiiU pro controller to play SSBB?

I would imagine not, but hey, maybe!
---
http://reddragonranch.blogspot.com
The Legend of Red Dragon Ranch - KICKSTARTER now LIVE!!
#8NekoSushiRiotPosted 2/27/2013 10:13:53 PM
I asked that question a long time ago too, sadly no. I can't imagine Brawl without the Gamecube controller, making a data transfer risky for me.
---
Currently Playing: Arc Rise Fantasia, Fire Emblem Awakening
#9cmincPosted 2/27/2013 10:17:54 PM
I dont know what any of the other people are talking about, but i just tried logging onto multiplayer with goldeneye and the screen that popped up said something to the effect of "cannot connect because wii mode cannot save wifi data"

I looked for a place to setup wifi in wii mode and no go, man.

Theres always the possibility that i'm stupid and clueless, but my wiiu connects to the net, miiverse and netflix without issue. I was honestly surprised when it didnt work.
---
---
#10Maxx_the_SlashPosted 2/27/2013 10:27:36 PM
NessEggman posted...
So, I am thinking about getting a WIiU, and I just thought of something I hadn't considered before-- can you play your Wii games online with the WiiU? Because it would be really convenient to be able to play my Wii games at two different places... so a WiiU could really be a solution to that. So can I play Pokémon Battle Revolution, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Animal Crossing City Folk, and upload my high scores in Trauma Center: New Blood from the WiiU?

Also, is there anything that comes in the regular WiiU Deluxe bundle that does NOT come in the ZombiU deluxe bundle??

You can play Wii games online on the Wii U if you're playing in Wii Mode. I cataloged all of the DLC in Animal Crossing City Folk because I couldn't copy my town over from my Wii, so I did that cataloging on my Wii U online. Worked fine.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash