Nintendo scams so bad with the Wii U.

#1TheMove2Posted 2/27/2013 11:39:40 PM
Seriously I have like $700 in my Wii U and I barley play it.

$371 just for the deluxe.

Paid $65 for a pro controller and Nintendo lowered the price later to 49.99 and every week I see them on sale for $30.

Was forced to buy 2x Wii remotes just to play 2 player mario bros with my wife and had to pay $65 for the game. Played the game for a hr before it was basicly a clone of past marios and was stale.

Got NBA 2k13 really the only game that got play time. Nintendo land is good with the fam for a few hrs once in awhile.

Just got ZombiU after waiting since release for a good sale since I didnt want to pay full price on more WiiU stuff. Felt like I have to get the only good game the WiiU has to offer since I have the system.

Dumbest decision I ever made in my life. Im sure the Wii U will get a handfull of awesome nintendo games in 2-4 years but when good games come out everything will cost half the price.

But I feel so scammed. I feel like bought a Wii U in good faith. A console that came out years too early with nothing going for it and hardware that costs half what they charge. I pay max price and than 3 months later I watch everything become alot cheaper.

I have it for sale. Probably will lose a couple hundred dollars and learn a good lesson.
#2AwayFromHerePosted 2/27/2013 11:42:12 PM
Boo-f***ing-hoo.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#3xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/27/2013 11:44:42 PM(edited)
You feel scammed because you walked in and bought all of that, on your own free will, and in multiple occasions? Where exactly did the 'scamming' occur?

Also, what has become 'a lot cheaper'?
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#4AstralFrostPosted 2/27/2013 11:46:02 PM
I feel you TC. Nintendo rushed out a system that barely competes with 6 year old consoles and has very few games of its own. "But its got a screen on the controller!" Don't make me laugh. My Wii U has been gathering dust for weeks now with no reason at all to play it. There is basically no reason to get a Wii U right now or in the forseeable future, and thats from a Nintendo fan that really wanted to like the system.
#5Starwars4JPosted 2/27/2013 11:50:32 PM
TheMove2 posted...
hardware that costs half what they charge.

You do realize that they're selling the system for a loss, right?
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6DiscostewSMPosted 2/27/2013 11:53:23 PM
I will admit that it was rather silly how Nintendo designed NSMBU multiplayer. To be forced to use a Wiimote for each player not controlling the blocks and not allowing one person to use the Gamepad for controlling a character during multiplayer was a poor design choice.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with my ~$600 worth of purchases, because I understood what I was getting myself into when I made them.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#7strongo9Posted 2/28/2013 12:13:13 AM
You overpaid for everything.

Wii U Deluxe - $350 (I don't know if you bought it on Ebay or something, but you could have bought it elsewhere and not had to pay tax and/or shipping)
Pro Controller - $50 (it was never any more than that)
New Super Mario Bros. U - $60 (there were tons of pre-order deals online that you could have taken advantage of)
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#8ImGanondorfLolPosted 2/28/2013 12:18:14 AM
Well at least you're prepared for the future of the Wii U. I wish I spent $590 extra on my Wii U this month instead of the dentist. $120 per filling, wtf man?
#9The_BoredomsPosted 2/28/2013 12:22:50 AM
To be fair, you can't get scammed in a way that doesn't involve free will. Otherwise it's simple robbery.
#10boogerwooger_2Posted 2/28/2013 12:25:44 AM
I guess this is a big boat, TC.

It does feel like a scam.Anyone trying to justify it either had their parents buy it for them, has a disgustingly large amount of disposable income, or are in denial.

There is NOTHING on this console right now that the 360 and PS3 cant do better.

Maybe the browser, and the TV button, other than that......

I did buy the console and accesories on my own free will, but that doesn't change the fact that I bought it out of FAITH that Nintendo would deliver.

I will not be selling my console because my 2 boys, both 6 and 4, enjoy it so much, but I could sell my Wii U right now, and leave them with the PS3, Wii and 360, and they would probably still have as much fun, if not more, with those consoles.