What do you like about your console?

#1MC LinkPosted 2/28/2013 3:04:44 AM
I am reeeeally on the fence; thinking about picking up a WiiU but not sure as I think I only liked the look of New Super Mario Bros...

I kinda have some questions too...

Can I copy across my virtual console games from my Wii? Can I play these on the gamepad? Might be worth it to finally have a handheld LttP again!

What Nintendo games are coming out in the near future? Do you think there will be new coloured consoles out soon? 8 or 32G?

QUESTIONS!!!

Hahahaha

feel free to just post your likes/dislikes and opinions about the console.
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#2LapanuiPosted 2/28/2013 3:20:31 AM(edited)
Can I copy across my virtual console games from my Wii?
You can transfer all of your data to the Wii U, so I am pretty sure that will include your virtual console games.

Can I play these on the gamepad?
As of yet, not right now. They will be releasing an update I think sometime this year which will allow you to play them through the Wii U Virtual Console (Not released yet) and will allow Off TV Play. You will have to pay 1 or $1 for each NES game and $1.50 for each SNES game to be able to play them on the Gamepad when they Wii U VC is released. They are introducing a few old NES games every month for 30p or 30 cents which only lasts a month, they then go up to like 3.

What ever games you didn't purchase on the Wii VC you will eventually be able to buy on the Wii U VC. NES games will be $5 to $6, SNES games will be $8 to $9.

What Nintendo games are coming out in the near future?
Published or actually Developed? I will just list them both:

Bayonetta 2
Lego City Undercover
Mario Kart
Pikmin 3
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Sing Party
3D Mario
Super Smash Bros.
TLoZ
Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U
Wii Party U
X
Yarn Yoshi

Do you think there will be new coloured consoles out soon?
I would of thought so. You can probably expect a Red Wii U in 2015 for the 30th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

8 or 32GB?
If you are more of a digital person, go with the Black Wii U (32GB), it won't be enough space, but you will get 10% back in the US or 8% back in EU on all purchases. When you have spent $50, you will get back 500 points which can be used to get $5 back in eShop credit.

Otherwise, go with the Basic Edition. It's in White if you don't really care about the color. I prefer Black, matches my setup.

You can change HDD in the console though, you have a limit of 2TB.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3MC Link(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:17:11 AM
so they'll want more money to play the games I already own on the gamepad???
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : DandyQuackShot4Life
{___(\__/)___} "@ValKilmer4Life"-Twitter tweet me!
#4MathewMansonPosted 2/28/2013 3:19:02 AM
Off screen play and the fact that Sony fans envy it.
---
I'm not man enough...to be human.
Nintendo Identification: MathewManson.
#5LapanuiPosted 2/28/2013 3:21:07 AM
MC Link posted...
so they'll want more money to play the games I already own on the gamepad???

Yes, but you can still play these games in Wii Mode if you want to, but you just won't be able to play them on the Gamepad.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1