Questions for owners about buying

#1Tech9Posted 2/28/2013 3:07:22 PM
I am really interested in purchasing a Wii U, but would like to discuss real costs. So any help from owners, would be appreciated.

First-off I do plan on downloading VC games and maybe full games. I don't really care about NintendoLand, it looks OK. I would be more inclined to get Mario and ZombieU. I would plan on playing online games and locally. I don't have any Wii-motes or any other Wii accessories.

Which base system would you recommend?
Is the rewards program w/ the Deluxe worth it?

I am assuming I would want the Wii Ethernet adapter, so that's like $12. Regardless of model, I would probably need a harddrive, so I am guessing that's like $70 or so. I am also guessing the Pro Controller would be best for local multiplayer. Not sure if I would need a Wii-mote, any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
#2EastCoastKodyPosted 2/28/2013 3:17:05 PM
i have the deluxe. Not sure I would buy it again.

I might just get the basic and Nintendo Land. As its a must own game. I know it looks like it sux, but trust me.....its fantastic.

I don't use the GamePad cradle very often, if ever. I used it more when I first got the system. Probably only when I watch youtube on the tv.

I also don't use the charger very often anymore. Mostly due to the fact that my Wii U is in my room and I don't have any coffee tables or flat surfaces to charge it on. Its easier to just plug the wire directly into the gamepad.

I do however use the console stand. As I have a 360, PS3 and Wii next to my Wii U......its necessary for me to have the console vertical for space reasons.

The deluxe promotion of getting money back on ur purchases is good, in theory. The problem is that all of the retail games are still $60. So there's no reason to buy them, as there is always eBay, Amazon, Target, TRU or Best Buy where u can find a retail game cheaper or in a sale.

So if u just buy eshop purchases it will take a long time for it to be worth it.

I would go w/ the Basic bundle and find some games on sale. Like Target doing the buy 2 get 1 free right now.
#3trenkenPosted 2/28/2013 3:19:08 PM
I got the Deluxe, but honestly I would have been just fine with the white. You can get massive hard drives for dirt cheap on amazon, and for me personally, Nintendoland was garbage and I traded it in. I thought Wii Bowling alone in Wii Sports was better than every single Nintendoland game. My opinion though.

The discount online means nothing to me, I dont plan on buying games every week. Its not a big enough difference and I dont buy enough for that to push me over to get the deluxe. Plus white is super clean. I dont mind the black though I guess.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#4TCaC04Posted 2/28/2013 3:22:01 PM(edited)
You are better off with the ZombiU bundle. It has a lot more than the Deluxe and it cost about $70 more.

The Wii U ZombiU Deluxe Set comes with a black 32GB Wii U, a copy of ZombiU, a special ZombiU art book featuring "never-before-seen developer commentary," a Pro Controller, and a download of Nintendo Land.

As for the Deluxe Promotion, you will gain 10% back from any purchase on the eShop. So if you buy a 59.99 game, you get back 599 points. You need 500 points for a $5 coupon that you can use for future purchases, which is nice if you plan on downloading many games.

You can also check my topic about game sizes and HDD questions. The choice is yours. If you plan on download games, both retail and eShop, then a Deluxe would be good. You get the promotion and it comes with a free game. The ZombiU bundle is the same exact thing but comes with 2 games and a Pro Controller.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65542332

---
PSN: AZ_Killstreak_4
NNID: AZ_Commando_4
#5DinglesteedPosted 2/28/2013 3:22:11 PM
Tech9 posted...
I am really interested in purchasing a Wii U, but would like to discuss real costs. So any help from owners, would be appreciated.

First-off I do plan on downloading VC games and maybe full games. I don't really care about NintendoLand, it looks OK. I would be more inclined to get Mario and ZombieU. I would plan on playing online games and locally. I don't have any Wii-motes or any other Wii accessories.

I am assuming I would want the Wii Ethernet adapter, so that's like $12. Regardless of model, I would probably need a harddrive, so I am guessing that's like $70 or so. I am also guessing the Pro Controller would be best for local multiplayer. Not sure if I would need a Wii-mote, any thoughts on that?

Go for the Zombi U bundle if available. Since you would be buying VC games the deluxe promo is a nice perk. Saves a bit of money in the long run. Coming with NintendoLand and Zombi U and a pro controller are all great additions too.

If no bundle is available, I would still say to get the Deluxe. The Nintendo Land game is great for local multiplayer and the deluxe promo are nice. You will probably want to buy a Wiimote or two as well for the games that use one for multiplayer.

Zombi U Bundle - 390
Mario U - 60
2 Wiimotes - 60-80 (dunno the price/sales)
hard drive - 65 (Just bought a nice Toshiba last week for this price - 1 TB)

So you are looking at around 585ish for the system, 3 games, 2 wiimotes, etc.
---
Playing: NSMBU, CoD: BO2, Zombi U, Trine 2 Planetside 2 (Soltech VS), EVE Online, Battlefield 3, and NHL 13
#6Tech9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 4:30:28 PM
Is a Wii-mote required for NintendoLand? Or can you play local multiplayer with the Pro Controller?

Has it been confirmed that Wii U digital purchases would carry to another system? Basically that's it tied to my account and not just the system. I thought I read this was something that was not available at launch.

Thanks for the posts, so far.
#7IloveElitePosted 2/28/2013 4:38:25 PM
If you really want one the Premium is best, theres little point getting the basic, its not that much cheaper and you get a game, extra storage space and other things with the premium.

Would I buy again? No, I regret my purchase and I am looking for a buyer for my console.
#8diggyfreshPosted 2/28/2013 4:38:34 PM
Tech9 posted...

Get the ZombiiU bundle if possible. It's the best deal right now. With only Nintendoland and ZombiiU you will have enough to sink your teeth into. Plus you will get the 10% bonus on all digital downloads. (I only got the basic Wii U package and I miss the bonus.)

I recommend the Toshiba 1TB HDD. I got it off of amazon for only $60 with a Prime membership. It matches the console:) Here's its link: http://amzn.com/B008DW95NA

As for optional controllers, like wii remotes, that depends on what games you are interested in, and if you plan to play local multiplayer. So make decisions accordingly.
---
Currently playing: ZombiU, RE: Revelation, & Xenoblade
#9EastCoastKodyPosted 2/28/2013 5:33:29 PM
Tech9 posted...
Is a Wii-mote required for NintendoLand? Or can you play local multiplayer with the Pro Controller?

Has it been confirmed that Wii U digital purchases would carry to another system? Basically that's it tied to my account and not just the system. I thought I read this was something that was not available at launch.

Thanks for the posts, so far.

I imagine u can use a pro controller for some of them.....like Mario Chase, Luigis ghost and the Animal crossing game.

But multiplayer Metroid and Zelda u need the wii mote plus