Something funny that happened at Gamestop today...

#1liveman789Posted 2/28/2013 3:19:50 PM
So I was at Gamestop today to buy The Walking Dead because I wanted a hard copy of the game (I downloaded it before on 360, but the save system is really messed up this way).

So I was on line, and the guy in front of me is buying Pokemon Black 2. The guy had to be in his late 20's or early 30's. Some time passes by, still on line, and this kid and his father come into the store. The boy couldn't be more than 6 years old. He goes over and grabs a Gears of War game (not sure which one) and tells his dad this was the game he wanted, and the dad said okay.

I just think it's funny how the video game generations work. People say that Nintendo is for kids, and Call of Duty/Gears of War is for adults, but it seems it's actually switched around. Sure, there are a lot of adults who play gory FPS's and lots of kids who play Nintendo games, but I feel like what I saw today really applied to the majority of both sides.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know. I just thought it was a very funny and interesting little experience.
---
My latest Smash Bros 4 roster: http://oi46.tinypic.com/2rz99xx.jpg
#2liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:20:16 PM
Also, that kid's father is a fool for letting him get a game like that.
---
#3mjc0961Posted 2/28/2013 3:23:19 PM
liveman789 posted...

Better than letting his kid go on a Wii U message board and tell random, irrelevant stories that have nothing to do with Wii U and nobody cares about like your father did.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#4kingbadjoPosted 2/28/2013 3:23:24 PM
kids are insecure and want to be like adults. so they get adult games to feel like adults.

Adults dont give a **** about what other people think so they get what they enjoy which can be something like pokemon or gears.

Check out my sig. Been having it for years.
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#5liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:26:03 PM
mjc0961 posted...
liveman789 posted...

Better than letting his kid go on a Wii U message board and tell random, irrelevant stories that have nothing to do with Wii U and nobody cares about like your father did.

Boohoo.
---
#6smkorvettePosted 2/28/2013 3:26:19 PM
agreed. From my experience playing COD/Halo-type titles it's always the little kids on mics running around and trolling.

Meanwhile I'm 22 and have put down reservations for the New Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion along with a number of other people my age.

it's sort of funny how it works but I guess it makes sense....I mean when I was 12-16 I was totally into purely shoot 'em ups and gore-fests...not that I don't enjoy those games still but I've found there's more to games than purely the most violent and action packed titles.

Sometimes I enjoy the relaxation of animal crossing, or the fun enjoyment of exploring new worlds in Mario etc.
---
3DS FC: 5327-1465-0004
Always looking for new friends
#7liveman789(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2013 3:31:25 PM
smkorvette posted...
agreed. From my experience playing COD/Halo-type titles it's always the little kids on mics running around and trolling.

Meanwhile I'm 22 and have put down reservations for the New Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion along with a number of other people my age.

it's sort of funny how it works but I guess it makes sense....I mean when I was 12-16 I was totally into purely shoot 'em ups and gore-fests...not that I don't enjoy those games still but I've found there's more to games than purely the most violent and action packed titles.

Sometimes I enjoy the relaxation of animal crossing, or the fun enjoyment of exploring new worlds in Mario etc.

Yeah, I'm 21 so I'm kind of in between as well.
---
#8The_HyphenatorPosted 2/28/2013 3:32:41 PM
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

-C.S. Lewis.
#9fhsfootball74Posted 2/28/2013 3:33:16 PM
25 here and I would just as quickly buy the new Mario or play a game like Ni No Kuni then I would rush out and buy the latest CoD.
---
PSN- fhsfootball74 Nintendo Network- returnoftheryan
In SMOD we trust.
#10KAMMYqueenPosted 2/28/2013 3:36:59 PM
mjc0961 posted...
liveman789 posted...

---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!