Wii U will defeat the next Xbox because Microsoft won't play used games

#11The_BoredomsPosted 3/1/2013 10:35:50 AM
Also, you know who doesn't have a reliable internet connection and buys used games? People with no money who hardly contribute to the success of a system, anyway. I'll do my part and buy 10 NextBoxes and throw nine in the river to make up some of the difference.
#12DynheartPosted 3/1/2013 10:39:48 AM
SolarJam posted...
They said that about the PS4 too, but it turned out to be false. It would be dumb of Microsoft to do so.

But Sony never denied it either.

They just said "we'll do the right thing."

Cryptic much?

I'm betting Sony allows used games, but with their premium service or something. With them dodging the question the entire time, then just saying what I quoted in the end? They having something fishy cooking up.
---
Currently playing: Resident Evil 5, NSMBU (4 star Profile)
NNID // XBL: Dynheart
#1395_EclipsePosted 3/1/2013 10:42:21 AM
Sharky8 posted...
The next Xbox will always require an internet connection to function. It won't play used games. You'll get a powerful machine. You'll probably get decent games...but you'll have to pay for internet service. You won't be able to play games you purchased in the past. You won't be able to buy used games. Now, the Wii U, on the otherhand, plays every used Wii and Wii U game. It doesn't matter if you're the original owner or the 100th owner of the disc. The Wii U plays it. You don't have to pay a subscription service. You don't need to keep it connected online, if you don't want.

Reason #127 the Wii U will defeat the Microsoft and Sony competition:

"a new report that says the next-generation console will require an always-on connection just so it can function.

This notion makes Microsoft's Xbox Live service that much more important.

The reason cited for the constant connection is to prevent the use of used games,"

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/new-xbox-will-require-internet-2013-2#ixzz2MJHEFXFS

If that's true, then Xbox would indeed be defeated. Sony on the other hand, would then dominate. Because most 360 gamers would move to the Ps4, not the Wii U.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#14aryanbrarPosted 3/1/2013 11:00:06 AM
Dynheart posted...
SolarJam posted...
They said that about the PS4 too, but it turned out to be false. It would be dumb of Microsoft to do so.

Cryptic much?

I'm betting Sony allows used games, but with their premium service or something. With them dodging the question the entire time, then just saying what I quoted in the end? They having something fishy cooking up.

they full said ps4 will play used games. i am sure the nextbox will also play used games.
#15excitebike64Posted 3/1/2013 11:04:33 AM
aryanbrar posted...
Dynheart posted...
SolarJam posted...

Cryptic much?

they full said ps4 will play used games. i am sure the nextbox will also play used games.

But with a catch. What that is was never said. Perhaps publishers can decide? This is not going to be old school used game marketing. There will be some rings to jump through, somewhere.
#16Petey_MeanisPosted 3/1/2013 11:32:21 AM
The article is dated Feb. 6, 2013. It's an old unfounded report.
---
Thick, long and meaty.. Kielbasa sausage
http://i.imgur.com/dHMWV.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6s1RR.gif
#17Mr_Golden_SunPosted 3/1/2013 11:41:08 AM
Certain companies already tried combating used games by online passes. Online passes are free with new games and you pay for the online passes on used games because chances are the pass was used up with the original owner. With that being said, if developers are worried about used games, can't they just do that again?
---
PSN: pein316
Nintendo Network ID: Snorlax316
#18Sirian_HawkPosted 3/1/2013 11:50:57 AM
You know, I am beginning to think they deliberately "leak" that info each time just to test the public's response. If we get up in arms about it, they don't bother. If one day we are just apathetic about it, I'm sure they'll sneak it in. It isn't exactly a secret that both Sony and MS would get rid of used games if they could. They just don't want to lose all the new game customers as well in doing it.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#19kyncaniPosted 3/1/2013 12:23:49 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
It isn't exactly a secret that both Sony and MS would get rid of used games if they could. They just don't want to lose all the new game customers as well in doing it.

That's a sensible attitude for any company I'd say. They're not exactly our friends, since their goal is to get as much money as they can from us.