Sakurai Tells People Not To Worry About His Injury And Smash Bros Development

#1StickMen1090Posted 3/1/2013 2:05:35 PM
Masahiro Sakurai, the creator behind both the Kirby and the Smash Bros series, has told his followers on Twitter not to worry about his injury and the next Smash Bros game which is due to be released on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Sakurai says that he appreciates all the encouraging messages he has received via the social network. Here’s what he had to say.

“Thanks a lot of encouragement messages. Please don’t worry about my injury & SMASH BROS development.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/01/sakurai-tells-people-not-to-worry-about-his-injury-and-smash-bros-development/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook
#2IokuaPosted 3/1/2013 2:08:21 PM
Of course not, the guy has what amounts to carpel tunnel, and he shouldn't be play testing to begin with as he's the project lead. If there is a delay due to the injury it would be, at worst, minor.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#3_Candice_Posted 3/1/2013 2:08:53 PM
I thought he was gonna close his twitter until it was finished
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/1/2013 2:09:21 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RkOa026JARE/UAy_WgpyjuI/AAAAAAAAAWc/YM4NgThbaxg/s1600/1282175676087.jpg
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#5pikachupwnagePosted 3/1/2013 2:18:11 PM
Iokua posted...
Of course not, the guy has what amounts to carpel tunnel, and he shouldn't be play testing to begin with as he's the project lead. If there is a delay due to the injury it would be, at worst, minor.

Why should the lead not play test?

Wouldn't you want to personally make sure a game is fun and enjoyable if you were working on it?
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#6IokuaPosted 3/1/2013 8:48:55 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Iokua posted...

Why should the lead not play test?

Wouldn't you want to personally make sure a game is fun and enjoyable if you were working on it?

Because he has a job to do. He has meetings to go to, budgets to work on, milestones to ensure, he has a hundreds he should be doing and regular play testing is not one of them. Nintendo and Bamco both have a staff of testers to do that for him. For design issues yes, he should test them to ensure they're the way they are intended to be, but he's too important to the project to waste his time constantly playing the game.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#7MilesTeg420Posted 3/1/2013 8:58:32 PM
If he made the other Smash games by playtesting the crap out of them, then why on earth would I want anything different for the U version?