Activision slams Nintendo fans "Nintendo fans are all talk"

#151crowe_1Posted 3/2/2013 5:49:21 AM
Judging by the quote in the OP, I guess he didn't frequent GFAQS around launch...otherwise he would have been bombarded by all the people posting websites that said that the Wii U version wasn't as good as the 360 version overall.

The reason, I think, that more people didn't get CoD on Wii U is because all their friends have it on one of the other platforms. It's an online-focused game, and people want to play with their friends. Simple. When the install base for Wii U gets bigger, and when word gets around, preferably through advertising, that the Wii U version is ACTUALLY better than the other versions tech-wise (which may never happen if Activision continues to just port over the PS360 versions), then you'll probably see sales pick up.

Also, the Wii U version came out 5 days after the other versions. For anyone itching for their new CoD fix, is there any reason to wait five days for a version that's not proven to be significantly better than what they could buy right now, on a system where they'll likely have fewer friends to play with? Obviously this isn't Activision's fault; the system didn't launch until the 17th of November. Still, trashing your potential fanbase seems unwise even when you have a good reason to.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#152kreegan64Posted 3/2/2013 9:54:01 AM
I doubt trash talking the fan base will increase sales.
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#153TMW001Posted 3/2/2013 9:56:27 AM
kreegan64 posted...
I doubt trash talking the fan base will increase sales.

Indeed look at DmC after Tameem trashed talked the classic DMC fans.
#154ZBug_Posted 3/2/2013 10:16:19 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I honestly hope CoD fades the way Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero did. And soon.

This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. This. AND MOAR THIS!
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#155GloryChaosPosted 3/2/2013 10:25:55 AM
And then watch as Activision begins to publish another yearly franchise? Call of Duty is a sacrifice. As long as they have it (and Skylanders), other series can avoid being drained dry.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#156excitebike64Posted 3/2/2013 11:11:44 AM
zzamaro posted...
MathewManson posted...
I don't know how anybody thinks the Wii U sales with multiplats can be higher than those on the 360 and PS3. There are more of those systems out there.

Even on the wii, it sold the worst even when there were more wiis sold than ps3/x360.

VGchartz is unreliable

Sad Nintendo fan. Bashes a site, but doesn't post a better site to prove his point.

The Wii versions of CoD where vastly different from their HD counterparts. And most everyone knows VGChartz is unreliable. That's why people rely on Media Create, Famitsu, and NPD. Though I don't think you can take NPD numbers alone as they only cover 60% of the US market and don't take numbers from Walmart, Toys-R-Us, South America, Mexico, or Canada; all of which are factored under American sales.

Not taking Wal-Mart into account is like not taking account burger sales from McDonalds. If that is true, why even bother??? I'm sure Wal-Mart must be one of the top 3 seller of video games in the US.
#157excitebike64Posted 3/2/2013 11:12:58 AM
For true global numbers, VGChartz is the only thing that comes close.
#158DiaperDandeePosted 3/2/2013 11:18:48 AM
I want the Wii U to get third party support, but goodness was Black Ops 2 horrendously bad. The messed up camera online killed the game for me. I'm glad I got $31 in trade in credit a couple of days ago when I only payed $40 for it to begin with.

Like I said I want third party support, but I wouldn't mind if Call of Duty simply disappeared from the Wii U.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): BioShock, ZombiU, Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
Want: BioShock Infinite
#159wolf_blitzer85Posted 3/3/2013 7:11:16 PM
Gdboyratedloud posted...
http://calvinhalluncensored.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/activision-not-happy-with-blops-2-wii-u-software-sales/

Is this Michael Pachter's blog?
because it sure is terribad.
---
Confirm/Deny? The best way to protect 2nd Amendment rights is to have all guns make the 'Pew Pew Pew' sound when you fire them.
#160darkqueenhelbaPosted 3/3/2013 8:49:58 PM
ALL fans do this....Way to segregate yourselves from gamers (Activision) even further with such a petty comment. I don't buy Activision games so it makes no difference to me what platforms they support. There's already been talk from THE COMPANY ITSELF on just how much longer they plan on seeing the CoD franchise enduring. Here's an idea...Stop bleeding your franchises until they dry up and DIE! Just a thought~
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!