Why should Wii U users give a damn about multi-platform titles?

#11ADHDguitarPosted 3/1/2013 6:09:17 PM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Multiplats of 360/PS3 games are of little concern because, no matter what, the 360/PS3 versions will sell more due to their install base.

Multiplats of PS4/Xbox 8 games on the other hand are quite a bit more desirable.

This. It's all about dat next gen.
---
Still waiting for Diddy Kong Racing 2
#12Tsutarja495Posted 3/1/2013 6:12:34 PM
What's in it for a 3rd party developer to make their title exclusive? Aside from cases where Nintendo publishes the game themselves of course.
#13Board_hunter567Posted 3/1/2013 6:16:59 PM
Tsutarja495 posted...
What's in it for a 3rd party developer to make their title exclusive? Aside from cases where Nintendo publishes the game themselves of course.

Not much really.
Unless they get free advertising and are paid big bucks by the console manufacturer of course.
#14AsellusPosted 3/1/2013 6:19:05 PM

^ That. Game development costs are massive these days, many games require ~2 million copies sold just in order to break even.

Why would you not want to sell your game to the widest market possible? If Nintendo / Sony / Microsoft isn't actually paying you to produce solely for their system what's in it for you?
#15sasukexiinPosted 3/1/2013 6:20:32 PM
Poopcorn13 posted...
I don't.

Chances are I've played better versions elsewhere. I'd rather not have ports.
---
Pokemon Black: 0003 2641 0962
#16MilesTeg420Posted 3/1/2013 6:32:27 PM
The Wii actually did have a lot of 3rd party exclusives, but none that were really AAA.

Red Steel 1 + 2
Zack and Wiki
Deadly Creatures
Arc Rise Fantasia
de Blob 1
FFCC Crystal Bearers
Chocobo's Dungeon
Little King's Story
Trauma Center games
Bit.trip games
Madworld
Tales of S2 DOTNW
No More Heroes 2
a bunch of shovelware/fitness games?

thats really all I can think of right now.
#17Soanevalcke6Posted 3/1/2013 6:34:43 PM
Because More games = better. A console cant become worse from having games, even if their bad. Though if their bad it doesnt become better either.
---
They made a moon base to survey my standards but they have yet to make visual contact.
PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6 // http://www.backloggery.com/soanevalcke6
#18zender1999Posted 3/1/2013 6:38:54 PM
lots of third parties will have a hard time this new gen, new consoles with 0 insatalled base, they will eventually pay nintendo extra money to be able to put their games on the wiiu, once the good nintendo games come out, wiiu will be unstoppable, and just like the wii, ds 3ds.. will be the new gen king
#19Imperfect_Dark2Posted 3/1/2013 6:44:26 PM
I give a damn about them because I do enjoy those big AAA third party games as well as Nintendo games and I don't want to buy another console to play them. I only had a Wii last gen so my standards graphics-wise are pretty low - the little performance issues that some WiiU versions of games have don't make any difference to me; games like Batman AA still look amazing.

As long as devs are porting games to WiiU I'll buy them (If the game interests me, of course) - I already have Batman AA and Black Ops 2 and plan on buying Assassins Creed 3 and Darksiders 2 in the future.

Mass Effect 3 is an exception though. No way I'm buying ME3 without half the DLC when you can get the entire trilogy on PS360 for the same price.
---
NNID: Kangasaur
#20ChipChippersonPosted 3/1/2013 6:46:10 PM
RomaRangers posted...
Because I would rather not have to buy another $400 system just to play the new Fifa, or Splinter Cell, or whatever.

Same. I didn't spend $350 just to have a Mario/Zelda player, unlike many Nintendo diehards. Maybe dusting off a console once or twice a year for a first party title is enough for many here but I desire more use from my investment.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.