Why should Wii U users give a damn about multi-platform titles?

#21mjc0961Posted 3/1/2013 7:00:50 PM
RomaRangers posted...
Because I would rather not have to buy another $400 system just to play the new Fifa, or Splinter Cell, or whatever.

That's okay, you won't have to buy another $400 system.

PS4 and Xbox 3 aren't even going to be anywhere near that cheap. You'll get to pay more!
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#22FFXIgaiaknightPosted 3/1/2013 7:21:13 PM
exclusives unless there first party are basically a thing of the past sadly companies make more money putting there games on multiple platforms.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls Skyrim: Dragonborn (PC)
NNI: Gaiaknight
#23KahrainPosted 3/1/2013 7:23:17 PM
Why should Wii U owners care about multiplats?

Because that's what a publisher uses to gauge future sales. If games sell equally well across all platforms, they'll continue to sell across platforms. If games don't sell well on one platform, they may drop future development of that platform as a cost saving measure.

Maybe you don't like Medal of Duty Fantasy XV: The Reckoning, but others that do will help to support the platform they purchase the game for. It's a very interconnected system now, and if you break a link, you will see a system falter and fail.
---
=^.^= Mew.... CATS RULE!!!!
Armored Core V team: Nomadic Ravens
#24Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/1/2013 7:26:31 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
What you should want are third party EXCLUSIVES. Why would you want an inferior port of a game when it will be available on 3 other platforms? I'm referring to 8th generation multi-platform games

I have to wonder the same thing. I don't recall Baldur's Gate or Might & Magic VII being ported to PS1, or Final Fantasy VI getting a Genesis port. Nor have I as yet heard word of Etrian Odyssey IV or Shin Megami Tensei IV getting a Vita port. So I don't know where this multi-platform craze is coming from.
#25AwayFromHerePosted 3/1/2013 7:26:32 PM
Because it will be nice to play more than one game a year.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#26TrueKirbyPosted 3/3/2013 5:46:44 PM
Hello Ganondorf.
---
I had a bowl of milk for breakfast. Without any milk. People who agree:1 People who don't agree:0