A question to all the people who bought Mass Effect 3 on Wii U

#21tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/2/2013 9:31:50 AM
DaLagga posted...
Faceman_ posted...
The fact remains that THAT is what the ending was and should have stayed as. It isn't your game. It's the developers. I mean, death threats because your game didn't end the way YOU expected it to is beyond ridiculous. And people wonder why everyone blames games for violence.

Wrong. As paying customers, we have a right to a proper ending. Yes, that's right, we're entitled. The ending we got was riddled with so many potholes and contradictions that it was objectively horrible. There is no opinion about it. And anyone who thinks otherwise must have some pitifully low standards.

Edit:
I should add that despite the abysmal ending, Mass Effect is probably the best series of all time with the best overall story ever seen in a game (minus the ME3 ending of course).

This. While the endings are pure garbage, that wasn't enough to ruin the series for me. Probably my favorite of all time even after the endings.
#22ZBug_Posted 3/2/2013 9:46:23 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
I posted this on another thread about a similar thing.

Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U is the worst platform to play Mass Effect 3 on.
Not because of anything to due with the Wii U, but because you do not have access to ME1or2 and therefor cannot import a save profile from those games, which does affect the events in Mass Effect 3.

If you did not import a save from Mass Effect 1 or 2 (because the Wii U doesn't have them), then Mass Effect 3 is going to just assume that you made the worst ones possible choices.

Here is a full list.
:::SPOILERS WARNING::: :::SPOILERS WARNING::: :::SPOILERS WARNING::: :::SPOILERS WARNING:::

Mass Effect 1 Default Choices

No DLC or sidequests are counted.
The Asari Shiala is killed by the Thorian.
The Rachni Queen is killed.
The colony on Feros is not saved.
Wrex is killed on Virmire.
Shepard does not enter into any romantic relationships.
The Council is killed, with the ship the Destiny Ascension, during the attack on the Citadel.
Udina is appointed Counselor.

Mass Effect 2 Default Choices

No DLC, sidequests or Loyalty Missions are counted toward Mass Effect 3. This includes two DLC exclusive characters, Zaeed and Kasumi, who count as never being recruited.
Tali is exiled from the Migrant Fleet.
Shepard does not enter into any romantic relationships. Again.
Grunt is not recruited.
Legion is not recruited, and no choice is made for the Geth.
Samara is never recruited. She is killed by Morinth trying to escape from Ilium.
Suicide Mission Survivors: Mordin, Jacob, Garrus, Tali and Miranda.
Suicide Mission Survivors (Normandy Crew): Joker and Chakwas.
All other crew members are considered killed.
Suicide Mission Deaths: Jack, and Thane.
The Collector Base is destroyed.
Although the DLC is not considered completed by Shepard, the events still occured.
The Batarian System is destroyed, and Liara is the Shadow Broker.

So . . . yeah.
If Bioware released a trilogy collection (like they did on every other platform) then there would be no problem.

But the ending of the game is the same either way. So the choices don't even matter.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#23ps2snesgodPosted 3/2/2013 9:55:02 AM
I owned a 360 but I sold it fr my wii u and couldnt be happier so mass effect 3 is a re-buy. Mass effect 1 was fairly boring from a gameplay perspective and mass effect 2 was the best in the series imo so I will miss that. despite that having javik for the first time is epic
#24cavebear56Posted 3/2/2013 9:56:03 AM
ZBug_ posted...
But the ending of the game is the same either way. So the choices don't even matter.

True, but if you think the Mass Effect games are about the destination rather than the journey then you're looking at it in the wrong way.

It isn't a series meant to be played like most others.

The choices do matter throughout the games as certain characters may die or not even show up. Yes the ending was underwhelming and lukewarm, but it wasn't nearly as bad as some gamers made it out to be.

DaLagga posted...

Wrong. As paying customers, we have a right to a proper ending. Yes, that's right, we're entitled. The ending we got was riddled with so many potholes and contradictions that it was objectively horrible. There is no opinion about it. And anyone who thinks otherwise must have some pitifully low standards.

To use my own blanket statement"if you think it's horrible then you've never played more than 5 games or ever read a book, therefore you lack any relevant knowledge, experience or perspective on the matter (to put it simply, you're talking out your ass)".

Isn't this fun?

Regardless I recommend TC you (and those who haven't played the game) to get it on Steam/Origin and play through. It is a solid series (not the best, nor best written) that you really need to play through from 1 all the way through 3 to really get the whole experience.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#25Arcadia__personPosted 3/2/2013 10:06:44 AM
As paying customers, we have a right to a proper ending. Yes, that's right, we're entitled.

I laughed.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#26Grave_Joker(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 10:07:56 AM
I have seen the ending and several videos to get whats going on. I didnt think its much a big deal, or at least enough to send death threats. Il probably still get the trilogy. Hopefully il find some time to play it.
---
NNID: GraveJoker
PSN: TheGraveJoker
#27_Candice_Posted 3/2/2013 10:12:18 AM
While Ive heard of it, I dont think its been proven they received death threats at all.

It just seems like EAs way of spinning their bad press so their fans look like irrational people.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#28lostinhellviewPosted 3/2/2013 10:15:45 AM
I bought it for the wii u, because I don't have the other consoles. Def one of the best games I've ever played. It's got me determined to setup up bootcamp on my imac, and get the series via steam or what not.
#29lostinhellviewPosted 3/2/2013 10:22:15 AM
Faceman_ posted...
Why would you buy such a crappy game series like that anyway? Nothing like adult gamers throwing hissy fits because their game didn't end the way they wanted it to. Pathetic.

I find being an adult lets me accept things for what they are, you should give it a try sometime.
#30oasisbeyondPosted 3/2/2013 10:22:42 AM
^ Now imagine what else you are missing out on the other better consoles. M2 is way better.