Never played Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy VI... wait for eShop release???

#1AwesomeOSaucePosted 3/2/2013 4:02:48 AM(edited)
I want to play these games already.

SNES and cartridges is out of the question.
PS1 version are very slow and poor ports
DS version of Trigger is rare and I don't order online
FF VI gba version is rare and expensive.

so do I buy it from the Wii eshop on my Wii U BC?
OR do I wait for Nintendo/SE to get around to releasing these wonderful gems with better controls and gamepad support on the Wii U eshop?

I can wait a few months but I can't wait like 4 years or something....
---
http://soundcloud.com/sunnyterra/audio-recording-on-monday-29
^ Hermiione says my name and says I''m cute! ^_^
#2TheTrueNubPosted 3/2/2013 4:09:03 AM
Why is it not ok for you to order online but it is ok to buy from the eshop?
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#3gamerso1990Posted 3/2/2013 4:50:41 AM
^ Why does it matter to you on how he has to buy things?

To answer your question TC go ahead and buy em on the Wii Shop Channel. I can't guarantee they when they'll release them on the eShop but they're good games regardless. Just remember you'll need a Wii classic controller to play them.
#4STN79Posted 3/2/2013 4:56:56 AM(edited)
Might as well get them now. You really wanna be an old fart by the time Nintendo gets around to releasing them on Wii U's eshop?
#5DarthBadgerPosted 3/2/2013 4:55:42 AM
The games were designed without the gamepad in mind and would not benefit from its technology in any foreseeable way (world maps and such that you'll never look at anyways would likely be the only usage). It's the same reason third party developers often dislike the Wii/WiiU, but that's another point entirely.

The point is, don't wait for them to screw around with perfection. Either buy it now (you said it was available in the eshop?) by whatever means available...

...or...the other option. You know what I'm talking about. Whatever it takes to play such great games.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#6Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/2/2013 5:00:53 AM(edited)
Depends on how important being able to play the games on the gamepad is to you. Of course, if you buy the Wii VC version and later want the Wii U VC version, you'll only be paying $1.50 more per game. Perhaps more significant than the added cost, I'm pretty sure the Wii U Virtual Console games won't be able to use save data from the Wii VC games, so if you buy the Wii U VC game later, you'll probably have to start the game from scratch.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#7TheTrueNubPosted 3/2/2013 5:01:50 AM
gamerso1990 posted...
^ Why does it matter to you on how he has to buy things?

To answer your question TC go ahead and buy em on the Wii Shop Channel. I can't guarantee they when they'll release them on the eShop but they're good games regardless. Just remember you'll need a Wii classic controller to play them.

...Because Chrono Trigger on DS is fairly cheap online.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#8HellsingOrgPosted 3/2/2013 5:19:02 AM
I'm I the only one thats pissed off that Nintendo didn't just PORT all their Wii VC games to the Wii U vc on day one?

WTF? is this S*** about putting 1 new VC release every goddamn month???

By this pace we might have like 18 vc games on the wii u eshop by the end of the year hopefully >_>

And you know they are only going to put crap games that no one wants like Simon's Quest and not give us Chrono Trigger.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#9Shadowbird_RHPosted 3/2/2013 5:34:30 AM(edited)
This **** about one VC game a month is a series of promotions before the full VC service goes live. For all we know, they've been using the time up until their spring update to make the necessary modifications for all available VC games on the Wii to have Wii U versions available at the launch of Wii U's VC service.

Until the Wii U's VC service goes live with the update in spring, we won't know what will be immediately available or the rate at which VC titles, whether they be already available on the Wii VC or new to the service, will be made available.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#10zado19Posted 3/2/2013 7:07:04 AM
just play them on your PC
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1721-5509-3523