You remember the good old days ?

#1sonicsonicPosted 3/2/2013 4:42:12 AM
So this might be a little irrelevant to the WiiU, but I'd say it is relevant....

Any of you guys remember Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike ? What happened to the days when Nintendo used to get this amazing franchise on it's console. Did something happen to Factor 5 ? (They went out of business didn't they ?)

I just thought about Star Wars 7 and The Force Unleased and remember the good old days of Super Star Wars, Rogue Leader and Battlefront. Do you think we will ever see another Rogue Leader game again or Battlefront ? Or is Starfox U our only hope.
#2IloveElitePosted 3/2/2013 4:47:45 AM
I remember that yes, but for me the 'good old days' were further back,

1985 to be exact, playing Elite :)
#3Auction SniperPosted 3/2/2013 4:50:26 AM
For me the good old days was a matter of sticking a cartridge in and turning the power on, or inserting a coin to start a game.
---
Now playing: No More Heroes Red Zone (PS3), New Super Mario Bros U (WiiU), Street Fighter Zero 3 (Saturn)
#4sonicsonic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 4:56:46 AM
Auction Sniper posted...
For me the good old days was a matter of sticking a cartridge in and turning the power on, or inserting a coin to start a game.

Rogue Squadron and Super Star Wars are on cartridges. I just miss the Star Wars games that actually made you go ... wow, I don't even care that nearly everything to do with the franchise is awful now. These space dogfights are amazing.
#5uneedtowakeupPosted 3/2/2013 5:14:43 AM
The NES, SNES and N64 where the good old days.

Nintendo had problems with the N64 but they really went downhill starting from the GC days (besides SSMB Melee which was awesome).
#6BeanBeanKingdomPosted 3/2/2013 5:16:22 AM
I remember Shadows of the Empire on the N64... Dang, now I'm getting all nostalgic.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#7sonicsonic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 5:33:10 AM
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
I remember Shadows of the Empire on the N64... Dang, now I'm getting all nostalgic.

I forgot about Shadows of the Empire. I've played more Star Wars games than I thought... and their was Jedi Battles(?) on Dreamcast.

I can't say I am looking forward to this new Star Wars game... not interested at all. Just like Force Unleashed it already seems more focused on looking flashy and having big set pieces.

Rogue Leader and Battlefront series... none of that. Just pure gameplay.

... Anyone remember N64 Pod Racer...? Again, it was all about the gameplay and avoided the awfully convoluted story.
#8SocranPosted 3/2/2013 5:41:03 AM
Rebel Strike was kind of bad... Loved the hell out of Rogue Leader, though.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9sonicsonic(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 5:57:25 AM
Socran posted...
Rebel Strike was kind of bad... Loved the hell out of Rogue Leader, though.

True, but it did come with the entire Rogue Leader game available for Co-op. Which was probably the best part about the game.
#10JackalPosted 3/2/2013 6:09:10 AM
Colecovision was the good old days for me. That and the arcades.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz