You remember the good old days ?

#11SocranPosted 3/2/2013 2:10:39 PM
sonicsonic posted...
Socran posted...
Rebel Strike was kind of bad... Loved the hell out of Rogue Leader, though.

True, but it did come with the entire Rogue Leader game available for Co-op. Which was probably the best part about the game.

Was the co-op Rogue Leader as buggy as the main game, though? I wouldn't know, since I had nobody to play with, but those horrible stuttering issues seem like the kind of thing that would permeate the entire game, and not just the "new" missions. I'm not even the kind of guy who complains about the FPS not being high enough, but that stutter...
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12nickvd8Posted 3/2/2013 2:20:21 PM
Auction Sniper posted...
For me the good old days was a matter of sticking a cartridge in and turning the power on, or inserting a coin to start a game.

This. No internet, no patches/updates, no DLC, no message boards littered with trolls and fanboys. Just you, your games and perhaps a Nintendo Power issue if you were lucky enough.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#13TAoRPosted 3/2/2013 2:26:54 PM
nickvd8 posted...
Auction Sniper posted...
For me the good old days was a matter of sticking a cartridge in and turning the power on, or inserting a coin to start a game.

This. No internet, no patches/updates, no DLC, no message boards littered with trolls and fanboys. Just you, your games and perhaps a Nintendo Power issue if you were lucky enough.

I miss those simpler times.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#14x_lone_x_wolf_xPosted 3/2/2013 2:27:23 PM
nickvd8 posted...
Auction Sniper posted...

Get over it.
---
"He's dead! I love him.... Oh he's breathing.... Loser!"
#15Shadow-AngelPosted 3/2/2013 2:35:13 PM(edited)
I remember starting on a highway, jumping over wheels with spikes, then blasting giant blue robots that fired missiles and electric balls on the ground. I also remember blasting a giant bee-shaped helicopter causing the floor to collapse. Fun times :<
---
The power you seek lies within you.
#16ShadowSkill11Posted 3/2/2013 3:12:05 PM(edited)
sonicsonic posted...
So this might be a little irrelevant to the WiiU, but I'd say it is relevant....

Any of you guys remember Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike ? What happened to the days when Nintendo used to get this amazing franchise on it's console. Did something happen to Factor 5 ? (They went out of business didn't they ?)

I just thought about Star Wars 7 and The Force Unleased and remember the good old days of Super Star Wars, Rogue Leader and Battlefront. Do you think we will ever see another Rogue Leader game again or Battlefront ? Or is Starfox U our only hope.

The good ol days was Rouge Squadron? I was in college and many gamers hated that game because it was a dumbed down arcade game and not a Full simulation like Xwing vs Tie Fighter or Alliance.

Te good ol days were playing Wing Commander and Wolfenstein on your 286 and going into you local Blockbuster Ideo to play Battle Arena Toshinden and wondering why the Virtual Boy on display was all red.
#17nickvd8Posted 3/2/2013 3:10:14 PM
x_lone_x_wolf_x posted...
nickvd8 posted...
Auction Sniper posted...

Get over it.

Get over what? I didn't know there was a problem.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD