Will Nintendo always be behind other consoles now?

#1Fade2black001Posted 3/2/2013 8:37:23 AM
Lets face it here. Nintendo seems to be like a generation behind on their consoles now. The Wii was on par with a PS2 and now the Wii U is on par with this gens consoles which are over 5 years old. Now with Sony coming out with the PS4 and Microsoft with their Xbox 720. The Wii U will be behind. Why does Nintendo constantly keep screwing themselves? I just don't understand. Te used to be good and up to date on their hardware but now now they have fallen behind their competition. Did they do this on purpose? Or what?
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#2ArcvalonsPosted 3/2/2013 8:39:56 AM
Nintendo is a century-old company, they are well past their prime, and as with all things that rise they will evenually fall
it's probably going to happen very soon, and nothing of value (lol NSMB) will have been lost
---
http://i.imgur.com/pVqey.png
Arcvalons really is a genius.-kamikazetomato. the italians were literally starscream (in WWI) - link1250.
#3arvilinoPosted 3/2/2013 8:40:26 AM
I believe it's because of the Gamecube. People aren't actually influenced that much by the power of the system especially when it comes to Nintendo ones.
#4DeathSnipe777Posted 3/2/2013 8:41:24 AM
They are still stuck in the past. This is great in some ways and bad in others.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#5RECON64bitPosted 3/2/2013 8:43:40 AM
They focus too much on the peripherals. They want to innovate so much but they forget that software must be upgraded as well or we will be playing video games the same way no matter what controller you have.

For example when we finally have virtual reality games, the games will need to be much more advanced to immerse the player. If you play a game with virtual reality, the flaws of the game will be more jarring, and obvious. Nintendo needs to focus more on pushing the technology for software again.
#6P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 3/2/2013 8:44:32 AM
arvilino posted...
I believe it's because of the Gamecube. People aren't actually influenced that much by the power of the system especially when it comes to Nintendo ones.

This. If Nintendo sees a viable market for focusing on 1337 graphx then they can make an über powerful console. They've realized that they hardly matter so they don't waste resources on it. Remember, the PS1 and PS2 were much weaker than their competition and did phenomenally. Then Sony decided to be the strongest, made a huge leap and about went bankrupt.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa
#7Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:45:16 AM
arvilino posted...

Yeah but the GC was an awesome system though. Nintendo systems do however have the most family oriented games on it though.
---
#8Enigma149Posted 3/2/2013 8:46:22 AM
Why does Nintendo constantly keep screwing themselves? I just don't understand. Te used to be good and up to date on their hardware but now now they have fallen behind their competition. Did they do this on purpose? Or what?

Nintendo had by far the most powerful hardware during the N64 era and had considerably more powerful hardware than Sony did during the PS2 era, and saw their market share plummet. When Nintendo introduced the Wii, they skyrocketed back to first place and ended up making money hand-over-fist.

That's why they produce relatively weak hardware, although given the success of the Wii and 3DS, I wouldn't exactly call it "screwing themselves".
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#9Sega9599Posted 3/2/2013 8:49:31 AM
Arcvalons posted...
Nintendo is a century-old company, they are well past their prime, and as with all things that rise they will evenually fall
it's probably going to happen very soon, and nothing of value (lol NSMB) will have been lost

you and your bad thoughts implying if Nintendo went out of business it wouldn't matter since they've never done a thing of value.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#10Fade2black001(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:52:17 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
arvilino posted...

This. If Nintendo sees a viable market for focusing on 1337 graphx then they can make an über powerful console. They've realized that they hardly matter so they don't waste resources on it. Remember, the PS1 and PS2 were much weaker than their competition and did phenomenally. Then Sony decided to be the strongest, made a huge leap and about went bankrupt.

The PS1 and PS2 were much weaker than their competition? I don't think so. The PS1 could do FMV (full motion videos) and no one has ever seen this before. It was the first of its kind. Hell even the N64 didn't have FMV's. Then theirs the PS2 which was on par with the DC but it jsut didn't do to well. The PS2 was great for its hardware at the time. Then Nintendo came out with the GC which it was slightly more powerful than the PS2 I believe.

Anyways by no means were the PS1 and PS2 weak for hardware amongst its competitors.
---