Wii Virtual Console to Wii U

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii Virtual Console to Wii U
3 years ago#1
I really want a Wii U. I feel like the Xbox/PlayStation/PC are sort of becoming identical except for a few intricacies and even fewer exclusives. Obviously a PC is a PC but what I'm saying is I think Nintendo is the only company that is actually trying to make a console anymore.

I have a bunch of games on my Wii's Virtual Console. Can I play those on a Wii U?

Does anyone have any information about virtual GameCube titles?

And finally, do you have to totally turn the console off and then on to play Wii games? I've heard that somewhere.

Oh, and which Wii U release are you the most excited for?
3 years ago#2
i think you can play any game you downloaded from your wii on your wii u you just have to transfer it here's a link for a how to do it video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7AzhRJQ4A
3 years ago#3
You do not have to power cycle the console to play Wii games. You only need to use the Wii Mode button on the Wii U menu (and there is a Wii U Menu button in Wii Mode so you don't have to power cycle to go back either). VC games can be played on a Wii U, but most will be confined to Wii Mode at this time (F-Zero is available for Wii U VC for 30 cents until around the 20th or so).
3 years ago#4
Thanks for the replies.

Is there a way that I can use a GameCube controller on the Wii U? Mostly for Brawl.
3 years ago#5
Thanks for the replies.

Is there a way that I can use a GameCube controller on the Wii U? Mostly for Brawl.

nope
---
NNID - Capt.Awes0me
Playing WiiU - Batman AC, CoD:BO2, Scribblenauts U
3 years ago#6
Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately no but Brawl does support Wii Classic Controller and Wii Classic Controller Pro. You could get one from Amazon.com for about $20 or less unless if you already own one.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
3 years ago#7
Also, transferring is all or nothing. And it literally transfers, it does not copy. The reason i have not transferred my stuff is for brawl. I don't want to spend the extra money on controllers.

That being said, i also don't care about having both my wii and wiiu out. Nor do i care if i have to bring both consoles when i go to a friend's house. They use mostly the same cords and controllers... so the only thing that is really adding the the transportation is the gamepad, the wiiu console, and a couple of cords and games.
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii Virtual Console to Wii U

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived