The Lagombi being the EASY hunt in the demo terrifies and intrigues me.

#11SocranPosted 3/2/2013 5:39:51 PM
Comparatively speaking, Lagombi is far from the hardest monster in the game, but he really isn't all that easy. In fact, I find some of the larger monsters to be much easier. Don't worry, in the game itself you'll start off against actual easy monsters like Great Jaggi, and then move on to things like Royal Ludroth, which is basically a "practice" large monster. Lagombi is mobile as ****, though. Makes the game's controls feel much slower than they really are.

Plesioth is a notoriously hard monster, though. (Not super-hard by this game's standards, just fairly difficult.) Just be glad he doesn't have the broken hit box on his "signature move" that he did in the previous games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOGn5mhngVA
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#12MelkacPosted 3/2/2013 5:47:26 PM
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Melkac posted...
Forte612 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
Do you want me to give you an elitist response or actually be helpful? I could go either way.

The latter would be preferable >_>

At least I'm praising the difficulty/learning curve instead of whining about it being poorly designed. I see nothing wrong with the design, combat is simply very deliberate, ala Dark Souls.

I think you should just stop using the Greatsword and the Sword&Shield...and hunting horn. Double Sword/Long sword or GTFO.

I think he should use the weapon he feels the most comfortable with and build his skill from there.

Also, Sword&Shield is godly.

Not in the demo&against Lagombi.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43C2aBKMqeA
#13spikejetedPosted 3/2/2013 6:28:37 PM
Melkac posted...
LemonKweenstaaa posted...
Melkac posted...
Forte612 posted...
ZvoLtx posted...
Do you want me to give you an elitist response or actually be helpful? I could go either way.

The latter would be preferable >_>

At least I'm praising the difficulty/learning curve instead of whining about it being poorly designed. I see nothing wrong with the design, combat is simply very deliberate, ala Dark Souls.

I think you should just stop using the Greatsword and the Sword&Shield...and hunting horn. Double Sword/Long sword or GTFO.

I think he should use the weapon he feels the most comfortable with and build his skill from there.

Also, Sword&Shield is godly.

Not in the demo&against Lagombi.

Thel sns is fine aagainst the lagombi in the demo. Obviously not benifiting from the element but you really couldn't ask for a better pickup sns. Cmon, nordbosche, super boss. I lance and hammer, I hate the hammer and lance the demo provides.
---
Pokemon White FC: 5415-0064-0126