Tempted more & more to buy a WiiU with every stupid idea from Microsoft/Sony

#51Shinobi120Posted 3/3/2013 1:14:24 PM(edited)
excitebike64 posted...
rudgerlight posted...
Holy_Grail_Seth posted...
correct me if im wrong but there's an article that says ps4 will allow used games to be played and let players choose whether to play online or offline. i am uncertain about microsoft. there are rumours flying around but we 'll see on april.

I was under the impression that with Sony, they were dodging the question, but the implication was that it wasn't going to be a hardware feature. More likely something individual publishers decide to do with their games. Like achievements on the Wii U.

Either way, we won't know until it actually comes out. After the Wii U, I don't really believe anything these companies say about their products and services until I have it in my hands.

That's what I think. A lot of the big budget games, from lets say Activision, may very well either block the used game or at the very least use codes like many do now for full access.

Plus, in a way, still require at least a temporary Internet connection to implement such a feature.

In the beginning, shoppers won't know anything and still buy it at first. It could take a couple years for people to really start complaining.

But then there is the no BC, thing. That people will notice quicker. I can see a lot of people buying a PS4 and trying a PS3 Dualshock for example and be pissed.

Yeah, it could wind up hurting Sony in the long run, just like when average consumers thought that they could use the Wii U gamepad for the Wii or to buy Wii U games to play on the Wii.

Proper advertising is very helpful for everyone. The average Joe/Jill isn't very knowledgeable about good or bad video games like we are, nor are they knowledgeable about what works, or what doesn't like we do, because they're not constantly on the internet about video games or on video gaming messageboards like this one.
#52DemonDog666Posted 3/3/2013 1:42:18 PM
the_cajun88 posted...
Gamecube VC games are confirmed to be coming to the Wii U. It will be able to play games from over 6 gens, Atari to Wii U.

By the time Nintendo has it's online store and VC in order their next console will be around the corner.
#53jungfreudPosted 3/3/2013 4:15:28 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Well TC, you're in luck. 50,000 Wii Us were returned in January. I'm sure they will be going for cheap pretty soon.

That's very good news for him. Seems in your attempt to troll you accidentally helped someone. Internet may implode now.
#54XSilverPhoenixXPosted 3/3/2013 4:48:17 PM
This Nintendo obsessed thought process fails from the first post. Sony isn't doing that with the PS4, Microsoft is said to be doing that.

PS4 is not blocking used games, having always on DRM, and Gaikai is a streaming service for games not a requirement to play them on the system.

Just buy a Wii U and shut up about the other systems if you want to make purchases based on rumor and assumptions.