Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Assassin's Creed III
Batman Arkham City
Darksiders II
Mass Effect 3
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
ZombiU

Admittedly many of those Wii U titles I mentioned have been released already on other consoles. But seriously, that's one of the strongest launch line ups I have seen in a while. It's three months in folks. No console hits its stride in a 3-month span. It'll be okay. ;)

Oh and yes I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I'm also a proud 360, PS3, and gaming PC owner and play them all regularly.
---
How do they do it? Every time Sony or Microsoft releases something cool, Nintendo still gets me to come back.
God bless the Nintendo fans. :D
#12jackorhoadsPosted 3/3/2013 5:50:10 AM
I've still not got a 3DS =/
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
PSN: jacksonrr & Wiiu Nintendo Network ID: SonicKidd
#13nb003_99Posted 3/3/2013 5:52:12 AM
"Once the Wii U has a steady flow of games it will recover too. Maybe."
Anymore insight for us?
#14thundercat2600Posted 3/3/2013 5:57:53 AM
ddmdandaman posted...
Notable 360 launch titles:
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Quake 4
Everything else was meh

Notable PS3 launch titles:
Call of Duty 3
Genji
Resistance
Everything else was meh

Notable Wii U launch titles:
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Assassin's Creed III
Batman Arkham City
Darksiders II
Mass Effect 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
ZombiU

Admittedly many of those Wii U titles I mentioned have been released already on other consoles. But seriously, that's one of the strongest launch line ups I have seen in a while. It's three months in folks. No console hits its stride in a 3-month span. It'll be okay. ;)

Oh and yes I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I'm also a proud 360, PS3, and gaming PC owner and play them all regularly.

No, it's not a strong launch lineup, because anybody who wants to play those games already owns a PS3, Xbox 360, and/or gaming PC. And the Wii U version in many cases is no better, or actually worse, than the 360/PS3 version.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#15PUNCHOUT1116Posted 3/3/2013 6:13:26 AM(edited)
Inb4butthatsahandheld!!!

Am I too late?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#16thundercat2600Posted 3/3/2013 6:13:03 AM
And BTW TC, you should also remember the Gamecube.

Even a massive 50% price drop and a bunch of good games couldn't save the system. PS2 outsold it by ~6x, and even the Xbox sold more.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#17IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/3/2013 6:20:34 AM
I recall that, how people were saying the same crap over and over about the 3DS and how the Vita was going to dominate. We all know that's a lie. If there is one thing I have learned in the gaming industry it is never to count Nintendo out.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#18cloudtheprophetPosted 3/3/2013 6:24:34 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
ddmdandaman posted...
Notable 360 launch titles:
Call of Duty 2
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Quake 4
Everything else was meh

Notable PS3 launch titles:
Call of Duty 3
Genji
Resistance
Everything else was meh

Notable Wii U launch titles:
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Assassin's Creed III
Batman Arkham City
Darksiders II
Mass Effect 3
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
ZombiU

No, it's not a strong launch lineup, because anybody who wants to play those games already owns a PS3, Xbox 360, and/or gaming PC. And the Wii U version in many cases is no better, or actually worse, than the 360/PS3 version.

So you assume every wii u owner has a X360 or PS3. I've had both but long sold my ps3 and got rid of my X360 after I got my wii u. So no most of those games I have not played. I will admit I'm probably the minority in only owning a Wii U I'm just speaking for myself
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#19cloudtheprophetPosted 3/3/2013 6:27:00 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
And BTW TC, you should also remember the Gamecube.

Even a massive 50% price drop and a bunch of good games couldn't save the system. PS2 outsold it by ~6x, and even the Xbox sold more.

As Nintendo consoles go Gamecube is the exception not the rule.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#20ddmdandamanPosted 3/3/2013 6:27:04 AM
ddmdandaman posted...
Admittedly many of those Wii U titles I mentioned have been released already on other consoles.

And what you said is not necessarily true. I have friends who decided to give those titles a play just because it was released for the Wii U. And it's not the first time a launch title had already been released on another platform, it was just a bigger deal because consoles were going HD for the first time. I'm still not sure what Sony and MS are going to do this gen. There's no Super HD or Real Definition TVs. All they can do is beef up the components to push closer to PC quality graphics and performance (which is always a futile endeavor given how quickly the PC landscape changes) and make a better user experience. I just don't see the PS4 or 720 making as huge a splash as they did moving into the world of HD.

But you're entitled to your opinion as well. I just think Nintendo did the right thing in letting already established good games be ported to give its "fanboys" a taste of what the Wii U can indeed offer them in the future. Nintendo's not interested in stealing other companies' customers. They want to cater to their loyal fan base. There's more Nintendo only fanboys than many people realize. And they for one are happy to get to play what their buddies have been bragging to them about.

No malice intended, just stating my opinion on the matter. :D
---
How do they do it? Every time Sony or Microsoft releases something cool, Nintendo still gets me to come back.
God bless the Nintendo fans. :D