Remember the 3ds was dead in the water?

#21Dartpaw86Posted 3/3/2013 7:29:53 AM
NIntendo has a habit of releasing their consoles to soon. Instead of waiting to make enough titles people would be interested in they release the console immediately, this was what happened with the 3DS, they promise Kid Icarus: Uprising as a launch title but they couldn't wait long enough for the game to be made so they just released the 3DS as soon as they could. Probably just to get an advantage on the Vita.

This is the same problem the Wii U, there are quite a few promising games they have lined up but they aren't coming out for months at the least.

Bishop9800 posted...
RisingWater posted...

WiiU on the other hand has a very very strong console competition---360,PS3,PS4,Rango.With that in mind,what is the best option for Nintendo?

Nintendo have something good on their hands with this system. The possibilites are endless. I would release a better firmware for this. If Nintendo wants me to take them seriously, then look the part. Also, I would love for them to release their whole library. That itself would be worth a Wii-U purchase. Also, I would like to play my Wii games on this controller. I upgraded to a WU, why should I have to play my games with a wii-mote? I'm not worried about the games. They're coming.

I agree it would be cool to play original Wii games on the controller but the problem is the Wiimote is essential for most games. (Virtual Console would work fine) but how do you intend to play games that require to shake the Wiimote while using the Wii U controller? They would have to redesign the entire game from scratch.
#22thundercat2600Posted 3/3/2013 7:31:56 AM
cloudtheprophet posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
And BTW TC, you should also remember the Gamecube.

Even a massive 50% price drop and a bunch of good games couldn't save the system. PS2 outsold it by ~6x, and even the Xbox sold more.

As Nintendo consoles go Gamecube is the exception not the rule.

Please tell me what the rule is with Nintendo consoles.

Anyway, Wii U is clearly more Gamecube-like than Wii-like when it comes to sales thus far. And it doesn't even have any actual competition yet.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#23xmoonfangPosted 3/3/2013 7:42:19 AM
Remember N64? Remember Gamecube?
#24cloudtheprophetPosted 3/3/2013 7:42:41 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Even a massive 50% price drop and a bunch of good games couldn't save the system. PS2 outsold it by ~6x, and even the Xbox sold more.

Anyway, Wii U is clearly more Gamecube-like than Wii-like when it comes to sales thus far. And it doesn't even have any actual competition yet.

He was posting that the ps2 beat the Gamecube times 6 that obviously has only happened with one of Nintendos console releases. They are always near or on the top of sales. That is the rule I'm speaking of.
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#25sonicsonicPosted 3/3/2013 7:51:08 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

He was posting that the ps2 beat the Gamecube times 6 that obviously has only happened with one of Nintendos console releases. They are always near or on the top of sales. That is the rule I'm speaking of.

PS1 ran circles around the N64 as well, but it really is too soon to call the WiiU a failure.

The main problem is a lack of stellar 1st party content. Let's wait till E3 and the end of the year till we proclaim the end for the WiiU. Nintendo's E3 already sounds pretty exciting. Mario Kart, Mario, SMTxFE, Monolith Softs title, Yoshi and a SSB trailer are all going to be at E3. Then there is Retro's unannounced game and Miyamoto is supposedly working on a new game.

The titles we are going to see at E3 from Nintendo cover a broad spectrum of genres... most people would at least be interested in one of those titles. I also expect a big surprise from Retro... not too sure if Miyamoto's game will pop up, but I expect Retro too be the big one.
#26thundercat2600Posted 3/3/2013 7:56:58 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

PSX also outsold N64 by over 3x. So 2 out of 5 of Nintendo's consoles thus far got creamed by the competition.

So hell no, Nintendo is not "always near or on the top".
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#27cloudtheprophetPosted 3/3/2013 8:15:24 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

PSX also outsold N64 by over 3x. So 2 out of 5 of Nintendo's consoles thus far got creamed by the competition.

So hell no, Nintendo is not "always near or on the top".

Ok I concede the N64 too. What I don't understand is why Sonys gaming department is in financial trouble based on console sales they should be the best of the big three. Could someone explain? And don't say psvita one failed release would not a company
---
NNID: cloudtheprophet
#28DarthBadgerPosted 3/3/2013 8:22:39 AM
Omega_Black posted...
No, the correct answer is you shouldn't be worried about it at all.

That's adorable. I was responding to your exact wording and you decide to use that against me. You assumed one issue actually has me worried then tell me I'm wrong when I say it doesn't have me "more worried than the other" like you suggested. Allow me to clarify - It's true, I actually don't give a f***. I hate the worthless guts of both fanboys and trolls alike. It was a suggestion to the TC to stop polluting the board even further.

This board was destined to have holes torn into it, just like the PS4 is getting torn into and just like the Xbox 3 board will get torn into.
Cycle of existence of a troll-infested Internet. =)

So, don't tell TC to not feed the trolls? This bull **** is the only reason trolling works. TC feeds them.

That's good then. Because as you know trolls, especially concern trolls, will take anything, even genuine objectivity from Nintendo fans, and try and turn it around on them.

What you're doing, however, is trying to snuff out a harmless glimmer of positive, light-hearted zeal.
Not cool, yo. =/

They'll turn anything around on you. They'll criticize you for responding to their exact words. They'll make you out to be in the wrong by twisting your words.

And worst of all, they only see what they want to see in your post.

I'm not crushing some poor child's spirit, I'm telling him, and you, fanboys only feed the flames.

But you already knew that.

Some advice - Next time throw a few more emoticons my way to feign innocence in your posts, it's not quite covering the **** stains in your logic.
---
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble
"Buy a shotgun." - Joe Biden
#29PedroMontanaPosted 3/3/2013 8:25:18 AM
RisingWater posted...
Yes,I can see similarities but the fact is that 3DS never really had dedicated handheld competition,Vita has fallen flat since like week one in all major territories.Smartphones are pulling the rug under 3DS in the West but that is another story.

WiiU on the other hand has a very very strong console competition---360,PS3,PS4,Rango.With that in mind,what is the best option for Nintendo?

The thing is, the 3DS worst troubles were BEFORE the Vita was out.
People seem to have completely unrealistic expectations of launch lineups nowadays, and these are best shattered when the competition comes out with more expensive hardware that also doesn't magically launch with 500 exclusives.

Let's see how dangerous the PS4 looks when people are actually supposed to buy it for 400+$ with few interesting games available, while the Wii U will have some big sellers on the market.
---
No More Heroes
#30ddmdandamanPosted 3/3/2013 8:27:58 AM
Trolls be trolling about trolling. I think someone divided by zero.
---
How do they do it? Every time Sony or Microsoft releases something cool, Nintendo still gets me to come back.
God bless the Nintendo fans. :D